ok im in a pop punk band we are at the moment writing , we are pretty decent and we are goin for the gooey catchy chorus stuff ( Forever the sickest kids, we the kings and dare i say all time low) hah we are pretty young but really like having this band of ours and we just need a catch just something to make us stand out among the crowds many synths or techno but is there anything else u can think of thats creative
Play a banjo.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
The kazoo never fails to impress.
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
Quote by bangoodcharlote

Play some slide guitar

Check

Quote by andy_thomas
Play a banjo.

Check

Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Slide guitar leads. And actually play an electric lap steel, not just a slide on an electric. Maybe put in some good solos in your songs? Pop-punk bands rarely do that.
hah yea we will definatly have some solos and kazoo ( hah only a joke) but do u like the idea of techno not on the vocals just like extra layer there
Play whatever comes naturally. It's okay to go for the pop-punk feel when writing, but don't model all of your songs off of pop-punk cookie cutters. Just play whatever comes to you when you're writing. That should automatically combine all your influences, and it will give you your own unique sound.
Quote by my_onlyXweapon
ok im in a pop punk band we are at the moment writing , we are pretty decent and we are goin for the gooey catchy chorus stuff ( Forever the sickest kids, we the kings and dare i say all time low) hah we are pretty young but really like having this band of ours and we just need a catch just something to make us stand out among the crowds many synths or techno but is there anything else u can think of thats creative

Try not playing pop-punk.
Quote by my_onlyXweapon

Are you being counterproductive? Trying to break world laws? It's called pop for a reason. It appeals to the greatest crowd. Just play less catchy punk (not pop punk) and work on creating your own definitive style out of it.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^It's been done, or is that the joke?

Play some slide guitar; I've never seen that in pop/punk before.

Rose Tattoo did it already, but screw 'em, it sounds great so do it anyway, and add a brass section to it as well (it's not actualy necessary to go looking for an entire brass section, just get someone to do it on a synth)
play ur first song and during it just start throwing ur equipment around and light it on fire and just start yelling at ur band.

that really seems to get you on Vh1.

(a band did that and ended up on the top 40 weirdest performances. it was quiet funny because they were there to get a record deal.)
We The Kings, All Time Low, and FTSK suck.

sorry...
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by stringmagician
Make good pop-punk music. Don't use a crutch unless it fits the musical blueprint you have in your head

+1

I know.... lots of haters out there. There is a reason why Blink 182 and the like are as popular as they are. They're fun, they have catchy melodies, and some really great songs. That (the latter two especially) are the key ingredients in pop music, regardless of the subgenre.

If pop punk is what you do, then do it. Do it well, and work on writing great songs. If and when you grow out of pop punk, you'll still be writing great songs. Again, Blink182 is a good example. They've grown up a lot. Still pop punk, but nobody would be surprised to see them go a bit more pop and a bit less punk with each progressive album now.

The haters surely think all this is lame, but critics aren't the ones laughing all the way to the bank. Sure, you can call them sell-outs. But!! Can they really be called sell-outs if they are doing what they love to do? (which they clearly seem to) I personally think not. I call them lucky and good at what they do.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
The haters surely think all this is lame, but critics aren't the ones laughing all the way to the bank. Sure, you can call them sell-outs. But!! Can they really be called sell-outs if they are doing what they love to do? (which they clearly seem to) I personally think not. I call them lucky and good at what they do.
Agreed.

Some of the older Blink stuff (What's my age again; The Rock Show...) is actually pretty good. And their lyrics are hilarious!

"And that's about the time that bitch hung up on me/
What the hell is called-ID?"
Boston-style *anything* is awesome, IMHO.

:cool

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Try looking at ska influenced punk, i.e. NoFX and Rancid, and try and use different styles. Shred-punk? etc.