Poll: Which sense would you lose?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which sense would you lose?
Sight
4 4%
Smell
53 54%
Touch
2 2%
Taste
28 28%
Hearing
1 1%
Other 6th sense(specify)
11 11%
Voters: 99.
Which one would it be, I'd probably choose smell, cause I'd still be able to play guitar.
Touch, I wouldn't have to sit on my hand to give myself the stranger anymore.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Bubban
Touch, I wouldn't have to sit on my hand to give myself the stranger anymore.

but you wouldn't feel your penis
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Smell too. I can't live without sight because I'm too lazy to learn braille[sp].
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Taste. so I can make a living eating stuff most people wouldn't on a tv channel on the travel channel.

then buy a gibson les paul.
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
If i had to lose one of my senses it would be sight so i wouldnt have to sit around reading crappy threads all day.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Is this out of the commonly accepted 5 normal senses, or can I choose any of the apparently 21 senses we have?
I already don't have a sense of smell, and I can assure you it's nothing to miss.
Quote by brandon369852
Then you are officially the worst Ug'er here.
Taste. It would have some benefits. For example, since you can't taste anything eating healthy foods would be much easier.

Well, that's the only one really.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by AceOfBlades
Is this out of the commonly accepted 5 normal senses, or can I choose any of the apparently 21 senses we have?

I'm intrigued, please tell.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by peterom11
What?, thats not the same thing.
Quote by saphrax, in the thread I linked
I've asked this question many a time to friends, so which of your senses would you chose to lose if you had to?

I'm counting taste and smell as one sense by the way, as they are inextricably linked.
Yes, actually, it is. The poll title is different, but the OP poses the same question.

But for exact matches...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=769052&highlight=lose+senses

EDIT: I don't really mind the duplicate thread, BTW.
Quote by KetchupLad14
How could you guys give up taste?

Food is delicious. I couldn't live without it.

Lack of taste doesn't prevent one from eating.

And see my first post for why losing taste could be good.
Quote by shattamakar

Taste, I think.

I mean, I could still smell foods, and even though I love food, and love the taste of things, it's not like I could never eat again. I could still get my nourishment.

Hearing and Sight are just too important too me as well, and I love certain smells, and that would be hard to give up, as well.

Plus, who could live without touch? That would be hard as hell. Life wouldn't be worth living.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by walkinbazooka
Lack of taste doesn't prevent one from eating.

And see my first post for why losing taste could be good.

Sorry, that's not what I meant. I meant that I love tasting good food, I don't know how I could live without tasting awesome food. It's worth sometimes having to eat healthy food that doesn't taste great.

So yeah, I'd probably give up smell.
Quote by KetchupLad14
Sorry, that's not what I meant. I meant that I love tasting good food, I don't know how I could live without tasting awesome food. It's worth sometimes having to eat healthy food that doesn't taste great.

So yeah, I'd probably give up smell.

I see what you mean, but my point is, if you can't taste it, why eat unhealthy food?

And don't know know, without your sense of smell your sense of taste will be diminished to almost nothing. Either way, food will lose its novelty for you.

I understand what you mean though.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by walkinbazooka
I see what you mean, but my point is, if you can't taste it, why eat unhealthy food?

And don't know know, without your sense of smell your sense of taste will be diminished to almost nothing. Either way, food will lose its novelty for you.

I understand what you mean though.

Can I just not lose any of my senses?
I already cant smell, so I guess thats what I would pick (seriously, I dont think I can smell, if I can then its really really really weak)
Smell, to me thats the least important of senses, then if someone farts I don't have to know about it
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
My sixth sense of being able to sense when a whale is in danger would be easy to part with.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by KetchupLad14
Can I just not lose any of my senses?

lol.

Yes, you can.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by Dimster Ds
Smell, to me thats the least important of senses, then if someone farts I don't have to know about it

But without smell, you won't be able to taste food. I would die if I couldn't smell my food. Anyway, farting is hilarious.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Taste, as you can still have a hint of the taste if food through the smell of it. Technically, your taste buds depends on your smell. Next time you eat, plug your nose. Doesn't exactly taste like anything, does it?
Taste. You can still taste food, but it would be slightly weaker. Plus, If you were on a desert island and had nothing to eat, you could cut out your tongue and eat anything you wanted
i'd probably lose my sense of smell. its pretty much gone anyway. ive got a buddy who's never had a sense of smell at all. he had an MRI done, and it showed nothing as to why he cant smell. except that he had a spider shaped cyst on his frontal lobe.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
The sense of sensing the presence of another human being. Y'know, like when you can tell someone's staring at you or standing right behind you without having to look.
Taste. Smell is actually responsible for most of the sensations with taste. Not determining whether something is bitter, sour, salty, or sweet's not that big a deal compared with the other losses.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by walkinbazooka
Taste. It would have some benefits. For example, since you can't taste anything eating healthy foods would be much easier.

Well, that's the only one really.
I do agree completely. However, I have a Psychology teacher who was telling us that her husband can't taste ot smell, and she said that he does still get satisfaction from foods that are sweet, and other things, although not as much. Our saliva gets thicker when we eat sweet foods, and there is also some pleasurable sensation from swallowing our food.