so i got a 100 lb punching bag (somewhere around 50kg, maybe 45 or something) and i got some ufc training gloves and my first knuckle out from my hand always cracks open real big on R thumb, R index, R middle a little and L index a little. and the webbbing inbetween my pinky and ring on both hands turns red with purple spots. does this mean i am punching wrong? what is the proper way to hit with jabs and cross.
Oh christ yes.

You punch with your top 2 knuckles ONLY. Always have your arm bent. Only tense your fist at the point of contact.

And gloves are for pansies. Bare handed ftw.
100lb is pretty rough for just starting out...get hand wraps, theyre cheap and if you wrap it right have really good protection
Quote by Kaed15
Oh christ yes.

You punch with your top 2 knuckles ONLY. Always have your arm bent. Only tense your fist at the point of contact.

And gloves are for pansies. Bare handed ftw.

What he said.

Eventually, if you punch something long enough, you will get red in the webbings. But yeah, you're doing it wrong.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

if your punching with gloves, then the above-mentioned two-knuckle method works. If you wanna be cool, punch with a vertical fist and hit flat with the bottle three knuckles. That's for fast repetitive punches, the two knuckle one is for people who like to throw the hip into it.
Funky c, Funky do
hehe... webbing... hehe.

but, so this isn't spam, you're doing it wrong.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.