Currently, I am budgeting for my next guitar, and I know it will be an extended range guitar. I have so far narrow it to two: Ibanez S7320 and FM408.

Issue is that while I have tried (fiddled) with S7320, I have no experience with FM408 because it's so new that none of the stores have them yet. In that case, can someone tell me how does it feel?

And yes, it must be an extended range, since a) I want more options b) I like extremely bassy sounds.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Quote by spine2600
Do you want a 7-string or an 8-string? Figure that out then decide.

Easier said than done. If both a hardtail it's no question ask, but when one is a locking trem and the other one is a hardtail, it's more difficult to debate. Of course, the 8 string is also $300 more.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
Crate CPB150
Metal Muff
Quote by Jestersage
I have no experience with FM408 because it's so new that none of the stores have them yet. In that case, can someone tell me how does it feel?

how will anyone else have experience with it if none of the stores have them?

just wait til they've reached the stores, then try it out.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
how will anyone else have experience with it if none of the stores have them?

just wait til they've reached the stores, then try it out.

I asked because Sam Ash already have them in catalogue, and since canadian (me!) get their goods slower than Americans, I would guess someone from America would have try them by now.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
Crate CPB150
Metal Muff
Another question: does anyone know what is the scale length for the Ibanez RG2228?
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
Crate CPB150
Metal Muff
Ask yourself, do you like Meshuggah? If yes, the 8 String should be great.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
The RG2228 is 27" scale length, the FM408 is only 25.5", the LTD will need some tinkering to actually sound like how you want it, I.e pretty heavy strings. But seriously we cannot decide whether you need 7 or 8 strings, i like both of mine as much as each other, i cannot continuously play one.

Do you think you could make full use of the low F# (high G or A, whatever takes your fancy) in a non-meshuggah-fanboy way. As far as i'm aware the LTD 8's havent actually been released...
No, but I like Dillinger Escape plan, and I also like quite a indie J-rock who use extreme bass for most of his sound (though as the lead was a bassist because he formed his band, maybe he just use a bass)

The question here is whether I really want the whammy or not.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
Crate CPB150
Metal Muff
Last edited by Jestersage at Apr 13, 2008,