I have this little amp that clips on to your belt. It is complete **** so i want to turn it into a headphone amp.

It already has a headphone output but i want to completely rebuild the body for it because this piece of crap feels like its about to break.

So two questions

1. Can i just remove the speakers and leave the circuit the way it is or do i have to do something more complex?

2. Were can i get a body for this? Can i just make one in metal work or would that turn out crap? should i buy one online?

I think il use a headphone amp more. It would be smaller and im going to use a metal body so it wot feel so flimsy. Besides its piece of crap half watt speaker sounds awful.

Quote by Losenger
1. Probably can just remove the speakers.

2. You could make one out of metal, if you want. Lots of electronics suppliers have project boxes.

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category/219/Enclosures.html

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?webpage_id=3&CAT_ID=41&ObjectGroup_ID=208

Can you post some pictures?

I might be able to in a minute i just have to figure out how to plug my camera into my computer

EDIT: I dont realy want to buy the case of the internet. If i went into an electronics shop do you think they could get one in for me?
To plug your camera into your computer, you take the cable that came with the camera which is specifically designed for the task you described.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
To plug your camera into your computer, you take the cable that came with the camera which is specifically designed for the task you described.

Oh is it realy that easy?

i dont have the cable

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062279&cp=&sr=1&origkw=box&kw=box&parentPage=search

thats the smallest one radioshack has if you have a radioshack close to you.

3"x2"x1" probably work alright. Gotta till some holes for the input to your guitar, and for the headphone plug
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Ok heres a few ideas I've got for it (I found an enclosure)

A second input and second out put jack . this way i can plug in an mp3 play and play along or i can get another guitarist with his own set of headphones.

If i have room I'll stick a tuner in there (i have two)

If i have not got the room for a tuner i think i will turn any extra room into a compartment for picks, components (repairs?) strings, headphones etc...
Sorry for a triple post here guys but i need some help

So i just spent the last few hours making this thing. Drilling the enclosure, getting all the parts ready etc. NOW IM FINALY DONE!!!!

So i go to test it... Hmmm not bad. nice distortion. Ok lets turn it up a bit... WTF? It was on full volume. I tested the headphones and the headphone output last week when this was a regular guitar amp and the heaphones were louder than the freaken speaker.

Whats wrong?

My guess is either my retarded job wiring the battery clip to this thing.

or

The volume pot may be damaged.

i need help guys.
If you have access to a multimeter I would check continuity on certain spots on the board. Esp around the caps and resistors (and pots). Other than that I don't know...

DS
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Quote by Death-Speak
If you have access to a multimeter I would check continuity on certain spots on the board. Esp around the caps and resistors (and pots). Other than that I don't know...

DS

Thanks man