Anyone played one? Im thinking of buying one off ebay, and maybe putting a Seymour Duncan STK-S4 in bridge.

These Strats worth it?
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
They're MIM strats with a fancey neckplate. How much is that neckplate worth to you?

I know nothing about strats, but I guess MIM are bad?
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
I think for the price you would shell out for the anniversary model, you could get a Japanese Stratocaster which would completely obliterate the MIM.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I've heard that the last thing you want to do is buy a mexican strat without playing it. It's a hit or miss thing with them, some will be great and some will suck
ive noticed the blizard pearl tex-mex anniversery models r a LOT better than ure regular mexi
mim strats are alright i guess, i borrowed one for a gig, didnt particularly like it lol.. very weak souding or something, not enough balls, and the neck felt rather thick...
Quote by xdeathxcorex
mim strats are alright i guess, i borrowed one for a gig, didnt particularly like it lol.. very weak souding or something, not enough balls, and the neck felt rather thick...

If you think MIM Strat necks are thick, I'd hate to see what you play.

Must be like a toothpick! You should check out the '52 Les Paul necks. Now THAT'S thick.

But yeah, I agree with trying the MIM guitars out before purchase. Actually, I say do that with any guitar.

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The Stratocaster as a guitar is only 54 years old. I think what you are looking at there is 60 yr anniv badge of Fender being in business for 60 years. I don't think there is lots of extra hardware goodies or anything like that and should cost about the same too. Now if you can find a Standard Made In Mexico HSS Upgrade that will give you extra stuff for $30 or 40 and is totally worth it.

I think they are very playable and comfortable and a good guitar for the money $400.