Hey guys,

I have a b-52 at212 amp. I love it. I can get a good sound from it, and you can get a lot of different sounds from it.

My question is, when I play in my room, 1.5 gets plenty loud. Thats when I jam along to cd's. Its loud enough to hear from next door if you're outside. So its fairly loud for just playing in my room. However, when I am at band practice, I turn it up to about 3.5, or 4. At this volume, the sound changes quite a bit. The distortion goes from sounding smooth, to real gritty, and it midrangy. My question, is this normal for all amps? Do the louder they get, the grittier the sound? This is the first amp that I have really put to use out of the three i have owned.

Thanks guys for the help,

Matt
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Tube amps tend to change as the volume goes up. Just compensate by turning the gain down and adjusting the EQ.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
oh, okay. Well thats what I thought. I turned down the contour knob all the way, which left like 0 midrange, which kind of fixed the problem, but turning down the gain didnt do much besides make it sound less heavy. It still sounded pretty gritty.

My main concern was that there was just a problem with my amp. I am glad to hear all tube amps usually do this. Thank you.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100