I dunno about anyone else, but the new Pennywise album is bloody brilliant! Good return to form in my book, with more than a few nods to Megadeth, which is always good! Land of the Free anyone? hehe We still need bands like Pennywise because I grew up with bands like this... when did punk become an anaemic little girl?
I Have Reason to Believe that there have been several threads on this already.

I Have Reason to Believe that this is a horrible album.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
*hides*

<_<
>_>
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown

On a side note, I don't think I've ever heard a Pennywise song.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
I think I wore mine once, maybe twice. It wasn't very thrifty to get that shirt just as I was getting out of them. As it stands now, I don't have any band t-shirts for any band that I like other than the Bouncing Souls, but in that case, I don't like the actual shirt very much.
i've listened to this album like 17 times through since i got it. its just that good
Punks not dead, it just smells like it...

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Sippin on Gin and Juice of the UG Hip-Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Pennywise is Ok.... I used to like them a lot when I was.... 13 but there singer really blows. And I hate Epitaph's production sound, it just sounds so... modern....

I can't remember if they are on Epitaph anymore but.... I don't really care...

and all of the stuff I remember from Pennywise that is good is there old stuff, so I assume this album really is going to blow.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
you probably only hate the singer cause of that book he wrote, i hate him for that too.
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
fsauh38nx,zx8888z8xxxxxzas32!!!11!
We hate the music, the book didn't help.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by lavazza
It´s the other way round Megadeth=poo

You shut your goddamned mouth.
Megadeth is the greatest thrash band, followed closely by Slayer and Testament.
Quote by original=punk
You shut your goddamned mouth.
Megadeth is the greatest thrash band, followed closely by Slayer and Testament.

What I´ve heard by Megadeth sounds like Deep Purple with a much too dominant Jon Lord

EDIT: I listened to them again.....the music didn´t become better that´s pussy metal
Last edited by lavazza at Apr 15, 2008,
Thrash sucks.

Fact.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Thrash sucks.

Fact.

Thrash pwns.

Fact.

Quote by lavazza
What I´ve heard by Megadeth sounds like Deep Purple with a much too dominant Jon Lord

EDIT: I listened to them again.....the music didn´t become better that´s pussy metal

Man, pussy metal, (although it is awsome), would be power metal. Megadeth isn't like Death or Grind or anything, but they are so badass, their earlier stuff, maybe what you heard was their later 90's stuff? Like Countdown to Extinction and on? Listen to Killing is My Business or Rust In Peace.

They got me into political music.
Quote by original=punk
How dare you disgrace Megadeth by mentioning them in the same sentence as Pennywise.

you just did that....
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by original=punk
Thrash pwns.

Fact.

Agreed. 'Cept I hate Megadeth. I like DRI and Municipal Waste
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by original=punk
Thrash pwns.
Man, pussy metal, (although it is awsome), would be power metal. Megadeth isn't like Death or Grind or anything, but they are so badass, their earlier stuff, maybe what you heard was their later 90's stuff? Like Countdown to Extinction and on? Listen to Killing is My Business or Rust In Peace.

They got me into political music.

Luckily I was turned into political music by Skrewdriver

I listened to them at myspace and I also listened to some Slayer CDs......it´s just they all soudn like Iron Maiden and it sucks, maybe their texts or attitudes are ok, but it´s just they sound like 70s Harley Davidson Hard Rock
Quote by lavazza
Luckily I was turned into political music by Skrewdriver

I listened to them at myspace and I also listened to some Slayer CDs......it´s just they all soudn like Iron Maiden and it sucks, maybe their texts or attitudes are ok, but it´s just they sound like 70s Harley Davidson Hard Rock

How do they sound like Iron Maiden?
Iron Maiden is Power Metal and they're thrash.
Quote by original=punk
How do they sound like Iron Maiden?
Iron Maiden is Power Metal and they're thrash.

categories.......I didn´t really get into metal (except Ratos de Porao if you consider them metal), so categories don´t mean anything for me 70s and 80s metal has a typical kind of sound
Quote by lavazza

WTF? slayer & megadeath sound nothing like maiden!

+ maiden are amazing! nwofbhm is awesome
Quote by RockThe40oz
he wrote a book?

I believe it was about being a "punk rock" dad.

*shudder*
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by axeslash
I believe it was about being a "punk rock" dad.

*shudder*

"As the lead signer of punk band Pennywise, Jim Lindberg spends his evenings screaming to thousands of moshing kids to screw authority, and then goes home and tries to maintain some sense of authority over his young three daughters. Every father will be able to relate to Lindberg's hilarious parenting misadventures and struggle to figure out how to encourage his kids to seek their own answers, but still respect him. Jim Lindberg is a punk rock dad. When he drives his kids to school in the morning, they only listen to the Ramones, the Clash or the Descendents.This is family time; the girls can listen to Britney and Justin on their own time. He goes to all the soccer games, dance rehearsals and piano recitals like all the other dads, but when he feels the need, he also goes to punk shows and runs into the slam pit and comes home bruised and beaten, but somehow feeling strangely better. While the other dads dye their hair brown to cover the grey, Jim occasionally dyes his blue or green. He makes his daughters lunches, kisses their bruised knees and tucks them in at night, and then goes in the garage and plays Black Flag and Minor Threat songs at criminal volume.
He pays his taxes, votes, serves jury duty, and reserves the right to believe that the head of the P.T.A is possibly in on a massive Right Wing Conspiracy.
"

its actually supposed to be pretty well written
I need more punk literature, but I wouldn't touch this unless I wanted to make myself swell with rage.

On a better note, I still need to buy Nick Blinko's book and Joey ****head's book, and I need to get the CH3 and Youth Brigade movies. My punx media collection (except for music) is rather pathetic.