so i would like some answer from people who have used the musician's friend site. When purchasing a guitar, or any other product, do any of you pay for extra coverage or do you decline from it, i would like to know, because i plan to purchase a guitar, but i am not sure of whether to buy the coverage, or ignore and just pay for the guitar.
I've purchased two guitars from them and both have arrived in great condition.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
i ignored it... and if they send you the guitar and there is something wrong with it. then you can send it back. i got my epiphone from there and when i got it their were cracks near the headstock. so i sent it back and they sent me another one.
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
I've never used it, but honestly I would get it.

Think about it. Just the other day a friend of mine got an SG off ebay, and guess what? The shipping company dropped the box and the neck snapped off. Being the cheap ass that he was, he didn't get coverage. So, he had to but ANOTHER guitar.

I mean if it's not a HUGE wad of cash, it's probably worth it. Then, JIC you get it and it's broke, you can get it replaced, or atleast a refund.
I got my amp through them. I usually never take coverage(the only thing I did on was my strat) but they are great. I had my amp in no time with just standard shipping.

and edusty, ebay is a lot different than MF.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Quote by Malarkatron
I got my amp through them. I usually never take coverage(the only thing I did on was my strat) but they are great. I had my amp in no time with just standard shipping.

and edusty, ebay is a lot different than MF.

Ok, I was just sharing an experience. Like I said I've never used MF (and I don't really want to lol).

Idk, from the comments here most people are saying go without is ok, so it's kinda your decision TC, it's just gonna be a bit of extra security.
Quote by Shib
I got normal shipping to Canada... It was pretty good, had to cut through 3 boxes to get to my guitar!...

3 boxes sounds more than reassuring
Yea they usually ship it pretty good. Plus, if it's damaged you can call them and they will let you return it (I think, it hasn't happened to me). I know their return policies are generous, I've returned a guitar to them and the process went very smoothly and they were very nice about it. That extra coverage thing is sorta like an extended warranty; I don't think it's worth it and I didn't use it.
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
I was in the same boat as you, wasn't too sure about buying a guitar and other accessories online. But I pulled the trigger and ordered; took three and five business days (Two seperate packages). The first box came in kind of crumpled, but the packages inside were in good condition. The second box with the guitar came in without any damage, and the guitar itself came in perfect condition. The only gripe I had is that I got 11, not a dozen picks, but that really isn't soemthing that would steer me away from ever using them again.
I bought a 40 pound SS amp a while a go from MF and it was covered in 3 layers of cardboard. UPS was pretty good about it but it was painful to try opening the box.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Quote by edusty2010
Ok, I was just sharing an experience. Like I said I've never used MF (and I don't really want to lol).

Yea I was just stating that eBay is an auction site. The people don't really have to package anything very accordingly(except for post office standards). I haven't had to return anything to MF but from what I gather from others experience they are pretty good with the returns and whatnot.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer