Page 1 of 2
hey this sounds pretty good
I liked Beloved when they were around, never got to see them though
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
this band is immense.
remove the earth is a great album.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
who was it who Beloved did a split cd with? I actually have the CD, but i cba looking amongst my 600 or whatever it is cds to find out?
Quote by Frenzied
So who all from the band was actually in Beloved? I don't know the whole story.

Joe, who does vocals, was the drummer for Beloved. Johnny Smrdel and Matt Harrison do guitar and bass, and were both in Beloved, as well.

And I doubt that Advent was on the Beloved split.
no it wasnt haha.

oh haha wow, seriously ingnore what i said.
It was the Champion/Betrayed cd i was thinking off....WAY off topic
****ing love this band.
Miss some of the older **** though, like One Crushing Blow.

Beloved was good too.

Can't wait to see them again.
Quote by MustangMan311
One Crushing Blow is on the album, and they played it live on Saturday?

Unless my version is a song short, then it isn't on there.
But, they have played it live probably twice out of the past four times I've seen them. I just wish they had rerecorded, which they might have if my copy's wrong.
Quote by xCGTOWx
Unless my version is a song short, then it isn't on there.
But, they have played it live probably twice out of the past four times I've seen them. I just wish they had rerecorded, which they might have if my copy's wrong.

Yeah, at the end of the very last song. There's static up until 7:20, or something, and then it goes into One Crushing Blow. And both times I've seen them, they've ended with it.
Well this is not exactly what I expected when you said it had members from Beloved, but it sounds pretty awesome anyways.
Quote by MustangMan311
Yeah, at the end of the very last song. There's static up until 7:20, or something, and then it goes into One Crushing Blow. And both times I've seen them, they've ended with it.

Damn, I never knew that, hahaha.
Thank you for pointing that out to me.
Band is so heavy, and the nicest guys in the world too.

Any Beloved apreesh? I think Failure On is one of the best records that SS ever put out.
yo this song is hard as ****

well, i can't get down with it lyrically. but musically it's hard, would mosh. his vocals sound pretty sweet too.
Last edited by willingvictim at Aug 20, 2009,
Thought I'd link this video of a demo song they've got: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HPlDxyHrC4

Joe goes insane during this song. And yes, I'm going to keep posting until someone other than the forum regulars stumble in here. This band deserves to be heard.
Quote by MustangMan311
Yeah, I can dig the lyrics being a Christian and all, but I understand what you're saying. If anything, I hate that that might alienate listeners from their music.

I mean, I respect it ya know. The dude seems to be pretty real about it, the song is real emotional, but in the end I just can't get down with it since I'm a firm atheist. There's nothing wrong with it alienating people because you can't worry about that. I have some super atheist lyrics (but it's getting old, so I prolly won't be writing as many). If that alienates people.. so be it. I know a few Christians who still say they respect it though so thats cool.
Quote by willingvictim
I mean, I respect it ya know. The dude seems to be pretty real about it, the song is real emotional, but in the end I just can't get down with it since I'm a firm atheist. There's nothing wrong with it alienating people because you can't worry about that. I have some super atheist lyrics (but it's getting old, so I prolly won't be writing as many). If that alienates people.. so be it. I know a few Christians who still say they respect it though so thats cool.

Yeah, I can definitely get behind that. It's good to hear that as an atheist, you can still respect the music and emotion, because that's what hardcore is about in the first place.
saw them last night, i was impressed
"If the good die young, we'll fucking live forever"

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital Warts > What Separates Me From You

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital warts, what separates me from you
never really got into this band before, just listened to some of their new stuff, not bad
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Quote by MustangMan311
I'm very jealous of you. I haven't seen them since December, so I'm going through withdrawals.

hah it was the first time ide ever seen them
"If the good die young, we'll fucking live forever"

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital Warts > What Separates Me From You

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital warts, what separates me from you
Whew, two months since I posted about Advent.

Naked and Cold is an awesome album. It's short and fast, but there's so much to digest in each song. I'm so looking forward to their tour plans for the upcoming year- Hopefully Joe doesn't spend too much time with the Almost. I haven't seen them in almost a year, so I'm really going crazy here! haha.
Once again, random threads in the UG hxc forum steer me towards ridiculously good music. I don't know what I'd do without this place.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last week was the longest week, ever. One more week until Christmas break. I'm taking my Linux+ exam tomorrow, and I don't know how well I'm going to do on it. I'm stressing about college, calculus, everything I could possibly be stressed over. But at the end of this week, it won't matter, because Friday night, me and two of my friends are driving about an hour from here to see Advent at an art place. I'm gonna rage.
Page 1 of 2