Hey guys, I was wondering if I bought a vox valvetronix ad 15, if i could use the preamp section with the modelling and run that signal to my XXL head to boost it to 100 watts and run it out my cab? Let me know what you guys think and if this would be a good idea or not!
My gear:
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Ibanez AEL 50 SERLV
Peavey XXL Half Stack
If your AD15 has a preamp out and your XXL has a preamp in then yes.

You could also do preamp/line out of the AD15 to the effects loop of the XXL.

I think the XXL would sound better on it's own though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'm not sure why you'd want to, but if the Vox has a line out or effects loop send it could be run into the effects return of the XXL.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
I know its SS but i actually really like the sound of the XXL, i just figured it would be cool to have the effects and some of the models like the AC-30 and im sure i can pick up a 15 watter for cheap used
My gear:
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Ibanez AEL 50 SERLV
Peavey XXL Half Stack
Suggestion! Sell your XXL half stack and buy a t00b combo if you really want the warm overdrive of a tube amp.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
I don't think you can just switch from using the Vox preamp and the XXL preamp on a whim.

The only way I can see that happening is with an A/B/Y box.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Why not buy a POD or something? You might end up spending more but I think the end result will be much better.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
Quote by rageandlove04
Why not buy a POD or something? You might end up spending more but I think the end result will be much better.

+1.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.