I've been practicing tremelo/speedpicking and i can do it decently on the b,g,d,a, and low e strings but for some reason on the high e string it sounds choppy because i miss the string every other pick... So if that made any sense I'd greatly appreciate some tips on how to get it sounding correct.
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
Speed isn't the problem, it only sounds choppy on the high e, i can do it fine on all the other strings. I just want to know why its only choppy on the high e.

no, start slowly hiting all the notes perfectly. don't just start going crazy missing every other note. try anchoring your hand on the other strings
what sakattack75 said.

speed doesnt mean much unless you are accurate.
practice at a slower tempo and only speed up when you can perform it perfectly.
I believe that your actual physical problem may be that when you reach the high e your hand looses its anchor (probably the bottom of the palm) and thus your picking hand drifts slightly making your trem picking hit-and-miss. I would suggest practicing anchoring your picking hand one way or another so that you can pick the high e. That way you will have more stability.
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
Quote by PekarGuitar
I believe that your actual physical problem may be that when you reach the high e your hand looses its anchor (probably the bottom of the palm) and thus your picking hand drifts slightly making your trem picking hit-and-miss. I would suggest practicing anchoring your picking hand one way or another so that you can pick the high e. That way you will have more stability.

Thanks that improved it alot, and thanks to everyone elses advice as well.
Quote by Beets!
what sakattack75 said.

speed doesnt mean much unless you are accurate.
practice at a slower tempo and only speed up when you can perform it perfectly.

can't ever say it enough...thats all there is to speed....and thats the only way to truly improve.

***John Petrucci says get a metranome!!!!!!!!!!!
Pressing the edge of your thumb against the strings above the string you are playing will help you know where your hand is, while muting them at the same time!
Try not to move your hand to much I guess. I had this problem because I found I was Tremolo pickign with my arm and not just my wrist.