Does getting alot of sleep have a big effect on your growth or height?

For the last few years i've been forced to work a lot in school and have only gotten 5 hours of sleep on a regular basis. Now everyone is taller than me and i'm tired of it.

I've tried everything over the last couple of months but nothing seems to work and i'm not getting taller. I think all these years of sleep deprivation have caught up on me and i'm gonna be short forever.

So I was just wondering if losing sleep had a really dramatic effect on height.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
maybe slight, but i doubt that it has any major effect. its mostly genetics. you cant just get taller. how tall are your parents?
I have no opinion on this matter.
I'm pretty sure you grow the most when you're asleep. Either way, you should definitely be getting a good amount of sleep each night.
Quote by Zugunruhe
maybe slight, but i doubt that it has any major effect. its mostly genetics. you cant just get taller. how tall are your parents?

I don't know but i'm just an inch shorter than my dad currently.

Quote by RU Experienced?
I'm pretty sure you grow the most when you're asleep. Either way, you should definitely be getting a good amount of sleep each night.

Yeah i'm gonna try as much as possible, it's just that these days I have no time to sleep or even relax it's usually just studying. I definitely am gonna try from now though, hopefully it's not too late to catch up on all those years of sleep.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Quote by zeppelinpage4
I don't know but i'm just an inch shorter than my dad currently.

if your mother is tall, you will probably end up being slightly taller than your dad. if she is short, you might be slightly under his hight. dont worry, youve got time. i havent stopped growing at 18.
I have no opinion on this matter.
^ Yeah I hope so, I think if I start getting more sleep and such now i'll still have a couple years to go.

it might stunt your growth a little bit, but only VERY little
your just maturing later thatn most people or your short
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by the_poison125
Dude i get **** all sleep (Except for weekends) and im tallest in my class.

I guess those weekends really add up?
Quote by the_poison125
Dude i get **** all sleep (Except for weekends) and im tallest in my class.

+1, I get very little sleep and I'm 189 cm tall.
Quote by Zugunruhe
if your mother is tall, you will probably end up being slightly taller than your dad. if she is short, you might be slightly under his hight. dont worry, youve got time. i havent stopped growing at 18.

How do you figure? My mom is short.. my dad is short but taller than my mom.. I'm taller than both.

Yay genetics.

And for ts, you're boned. Tough luck sport.
When I hit 'em from the back, I got them mami's saying dammit man.

When I put it in their mouth, I got them mami's saying duh-huh-huh-muhh.
When you sleep apparently you grow faster.

Without the constant force of gravity pushing down on you, your body has an easier time expanding.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by floppypick
When you sleep apparently you grow faster.

Without the constant force of gravity pushing down on you, your body has an easier time expanding.

So gravity goes away while you're sleeping? Do you float above your bed at night?
Quote by LeBaron
So gravity goes away while you're sleeping? Do you float above your bed at night?

Instead of pushing down upon your head (the way you should be growing)it pushes on your chest/other body parts facing up
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I'm somewhat short compared to my friends who claim to get 5 or less hours of sleep every night. I usually sleep around 7 a night. 9 on weekends. It's mostly in the genes, but sleep is still good for you