Am I the only person here who sands all of his guitars necks? I use a very fine grit, and sand the paint off, because it feels better to me, and is actually much easier to play. Is there any problems with this?
No there are no problems with it. I would recommend finishing it with tung oil, though. This only makes the neck smoother, and doesn't change the colour or anything.

I actually cannot think of a downside to tung oiling a neck. You should try it.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
He said he's sanding the paint off. I would imagine that means he's going to the wood...
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by llanafreak44
Am I the only person here who sands all of his guitars necks? I use a very fine grit, and sand the paint off, because it feels better to me, and is actually much easier to play. Is there any problems with this?

Quote by ohspyro89
By the sounds of it your not getting down to the wood so don't worry about tung oil or anything.

How the hell could you miss that????

yeah, use a tung oil finish, it makes the neck amazingly fast.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
+1 yay for tung oil. Its faster than you in the bedroom (OH BURN! jk?)
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
With some cheap guitars its almost essential to sand the neck down a little to smooth it down. Some necks feel like a grannys leg so they dont play too well. Down to the wood or not I cant see it doing any harm but you may need to be carefull if its in a damp room though.

Alfie
sorry if i wasnt clear lol- i mean sand all the way down, then put on tung oil

sometimes i need to proofread my posts
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking