I was talking to some people today and they told me that they where in a "hard rock" band and that they just got some management firm to work with them and stuff. He showed me his band and it sounded like random yelling and pretty ****ty instruments. I had told him I was in a "hard rock" band and I showed him my bands stuff and he said it was "soft rock". I was like are you serious? Am I crazy or just stupid? Anyways we continued talking and I told him I considered his stuff like metal , or death metal stuff. I told him we where along the lines of Guns N Rose , Ac/Dc and maybe some Metallica , ( all of which he deemed to be "soft rock" ). Anyways what constitutes Soft or Hard rock for you guys?

(www.myspace.com/capitalvolume) <---- Thats my band , I figured we where like rock or hard rock , but not soft rock?
It actually sounds like a classic rock/punk crossover thing to me.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
When I think of Hard Rock, I think of Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix live, or The Who. Some examples would be "Immigrant Song", "Purple Haze (Live)", "Voodoo Chile", "Won't Get Fooled Again", etc.
Never argue about genre's either way both parties are wrong haha.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Never argue about genre's either way both parties are wrong haha.

Explain?

Quote by The Madcap
When I think of Hard Rock, I think of Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix live, or The Who. Some examples would be "Immigrant Song", "Purple Haze (Live)", "Voodoo Chile", "Won't Get Fooled Again", etc.

I think you pretty much nailed it.

Click me, or I'll die.

Quote by The Madcap

When I think of Hard Rock I think of bands like Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin.
Quote by Regression
When I think of Hard Rock I think of bands like Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin.

I always thought they were like, alternative rock or nu-metal.

Click me, or I'll die.

Quote by Regression

See when i think Hard Rock I think

Back In Black
Welcome To The Jungle
Whole Lotta Love
Highway To Hell
Quote by Bushinarin
Explain?

I'm saying you can't really argue about a genre with someone else, because you both think you're absolutely right, and think that the other person is a complete idiot. It's like telling people "deathcore" is still death metal, but an elitest of death metal will say it's ****, and not metal... or something along those lines. Either way, TS, you shouldn't even care what that guy thinks. Plus, if you have any sort of following, you will get people who will hate your band for whatever reason, could be genre even haha. It doesn't really matter.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
DUDE, Omar!

Jorge quit?!?! Why?!

but yeah dude, cv is deffinately hard rock
^ He was fired. But yeah I just wanted to see what everyone thought of their genres and such even had one guy say it sounded "southern".
Your band is definitely hard rock.

I guess it's always harder to categorise yourself than it is to catergorise other bands, since you know all your influences and what you try to do and so on, whereas with other bands you just hear the music.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Ya, you guys are definitely hard rockish. Do you have a link to their band?
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
^ No he said they didn't have a myspace , I'll try to find an example of a band somewhere though.

something along the lines of this
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=199620852

Wow...i didn't expect to but I enjoyed that band a lot. In any case if the band sounds like that it's definitely not hard rock...it's metal.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace