Ive been getting hand cramps in my left hand when i play through my new guitar. Is the neck to skinny for me???
its a mexican strat. Ya i have some big hands, but not huge. My old guitar has the same neck size but jumbo frets and ive never had any problems with it. and ive played on wizard necks and no cramps.
Quote by bons330
its a mexican strat. Ya i have some big hands, but not huge. My old guitar has the same neck size but jumbo frets and ive never had any problems with it. and ive played on wizard necks and no cramps.

It may depend on how you are positioning your fret hand. I try to plant my left thumb on the middle of the back of the neck, and that way the hand is comfy. If I let it slip to where my thumb is wrapped around the neck, then I have some problems. Be sure to keep your fingers arched.

Hand exercise before playing would help. Try stretching them out and warming them up before a session.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
i do make sure my hands are arched and my thumb is in the middle of the neck thats how i play naturally. and before playing i practice right hand picking for a half hour and left hand fingering for about 40 minutes. maybe i do need a new neck