I just got a VOX DA10 - new baby... it's amazing @ $199 and modeling is an understatement! This new VOX (just came out) will be an instant hit! 2 - 6.5" Special Vox Speakers, can run on batteries like it's little brother the DA5, has a power squeezer on the back - set it wide open - 10 watts, 1.5w or .5w - and NO CHANGE IN THE TONE whatsoever - just the volume.

The amp models (11) are groups of 2 & 3 - clean (clean 1, 2, & 3, etc.), Blues, crunch and hi-gain - the last one is DRIVE. The effects (11) are grouped in pairs and individuals too - REVERB, CHORUS/REVERB, DELAY, ROTARY/DELAY. etc. Every kind of effect you can dream of - Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Delay, Chorus, Compressor, Reverb, Rotary, Auto-Wah, etc. - the pairs are nice as an old Roland from the 80's I have has effects but only 1 at a time can be used - the pairs are great and actually a lot of thought went into pairing them up. There's a TAP button for selecting the speed of certain ones (tremolo, chorus, rotary, etc) - just "Tap" the beat you want - and an edit knob and a bypass button - the different effects are completely customizable by holding one or the other of the buttons and turning the edit knob or just turning the edit knob by itself - the manual has a great chart showing the customizations and what to use to change the attack, the speed, the resonance, the sensitivity, etc. - in no time I had it fairly well figured out (but I keep the manual open next to it for quick looks). It's actually well designed. It also has a Noise Reduction feature for the High Gain settings and can be adjusted as well from the Edit knob and bypass button.

It has the most amazing tone - I have 7 amps right now including 4 tube amps (2 VJ's and 2 60's vintage ALL-tube amps) and this baby is totally amazing. It almost sounds like there has to be tubes in it! Overdrives more like a tuber than a SS and you get all the pickin' dynamics of a tuber - the harder you pick the more OOOMPH you get... no other SS amp I own or have played can do this like this VOX can - amazing! Hardly No reviews anywhere yet as it's so new, but I'm writing one right now and will be posting it on all the amp forums including Harmony Central. I can't stop playing it and I have others to play on - I'd rate this baby an 11!

If this is any indication of what Vox can do I'm a Vox fan for sure after this. I'm lovin' mine and haven't turned on any of my tube amps or plugged in a pedal in days! Never owned a modeling amp so maybe it's "infatuation" but this thing just sounds great. I'm fixin' to record with it and if I still gigged - I'd Mic it up (or plug right into the Board using the emulated line out) - try one out if you can find one - the DA10... I tried my Local Guitar Center but them Dufasses told me they thought they were discontinued - I told em "no - they're brand new dudes"... had mine shipped to me. It even has a Mic input on the back with a separate volume for it.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Apr 13, 2008,
You don't work for VOX do you?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Valvetronix series are better than the DA series. I have both and I speak the truth.
Quote by soul_power
You don't work for VOX do you?

Nah, he's been here too long. He's either trolling or he got hacked.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Nah, he's been here too long. He's either trolling or he got hacked.

He got hacked.

The VOX Satchurator pedal is coming!

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/pedals/satchurator/

Be sure to preorder at your local VOX dealer!

Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Last edited by mike.h at Apr 13, 2008,
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Vox AD15Vt is better and cheaper.

have you tried the DA10?
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
if you haven't tried the DA-10 then your opinion is MOOT. Only an ignorant twit makes comparisons and develops opinions without testing one out. And I never said it was a DA5 imgooley - it's a DA10 and much nicer than the DA5 - I know cause I tested the DA5... just trying to share some insight but I can see a lot of you aren't old enough to be up this late.
Quote by strangedogs
if you haven't tried the DA-10 then your opinion is MOOT. Only an ignorant twit makes comparisons and develops opinions without testing one out. And I never said it was a DA5 imgooley - it's a DA10 and much nicer than the DA5 - I know cause I tested the DA5... just trying to share some insight but I can see a lot of you aren't old enough to be up this late.

Played on a DA10 and the DA5 has better tones. The Valvetronix series is far and away better than both.

h4x for the loss
The da10 is better than the da5 probably cos it has two 6.5 inch speakers
Quote by imgooley
Played on a DA10 and the DA5 has better tones. The Valvetronix series is far and away better than both.

h4x for the loss

That's a matter of opinion. I went shopping for the AD30VT, came home with the DA 20. AD series is way over rated here.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
To TS: Please don't write a review of your amp untill you've played with it for a longer while than 2 days or whatever. You're still on your honeymoon with it so ofcourse you'll write good reviews like every kid who writes a review about the MG100.
So wait a while so you don't fool no-one to go buy a SS amp that they'll think sound like a tube amp.
Oh, and how much did Vox pay you for copying in this text?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Bahaha.

I've never played a DA, but the ADs are very overrated here IMO, unless it's for an absolute beginner.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
the DA series are pretty good. But nothing spectacular. You're probably just hyper about your new amp, like i was when i got my AD50VT. Its a good amp, but the modelling starts to sound a bit stale after a few months. Also it sounds very mediocre at high volumes. You start to notice flaws with it basically - going back to my old home demos with my AD50VT that sounded like they were bursting with energy to me at the time, they just sound a bit lifeless now i've got a full tube amp.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.