Page 1 of 2
i just blew a whole lot of cash at guitar center. partially because i was sick of my line 6, and partially because im going off to boarding school and i need a practice amp.

heres what i bought

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Hot-Rod-Deluxe-Amp?sku=480510

Fender Frontman 25W
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-25R-Frontman-Series-II-Guitar-Combo?sku=480669

Little Big Muff
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Little-Big-Muff?sku=153340

haha. dont know why i posted really. just celebrating.

responses?
Why the Frontman?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Why the Frontman?

EDIT: Just read again, why not just keep your spider as a practice amp and get a nicer tube amp? TBH, the Frontman's not much better than the Spider at all.
Quote by soul_power
Why the Frontman?

Because he needs a practice amp as stated in the OP.

Do you lot need some reading glasses?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
why the frontman might I ask?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Why the Frontman?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
He said that he needed a practice amp. Doesn't anyone read?
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Porque la Frontman?
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Quote by sidvicious182
haha. my line 6 is too big so i wouldnt keep it as a practice amp, so i got the frontman for a practice amp.

Gotcha, didn't see that the spider was a 150W. I still would've gone with a Valvetronix or a Cube, but whatever.
Porquoi le AvantHomme?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
^O alrite.
I thought you got it for full price.
But, good job with the HRD!
You like it?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by dzaerpoor
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

lol.... i thought to myself: "oh no, not another of these combo threads...." and then immediately thought of the very good stereo amp (that isn't tube).
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Quote by darkarbiter7
^O alrite.
I thought you got it for full price.
But, good job with the HRD!
You like it?

I LOVE IT!

love love love.

but im looking for some good pedals. any suggestions?
I don't really understand why people spend so much on practice amps...why do you need a good practice amp?
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Why the Frontman?

Take the Frontman back and buy a Weber attenuator.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Nice job TS.

But just to fit in:

Why the frontman?
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by MrCarrot
Take the Frontman back

+1

I would rather have the Spider, with the volume at a reasonable level, than a Frontman for practice. Pedals aren't going to make the Frontman sound any better.
I think the point in the OP is that the Line 6 is TOO BIG TO TAKE TO BOARDING SCHOOL, WHICH IS COINCIDENTALLY WHERE HE IS GOING!.

Read the damn posts people!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
With all of the "Why the Frontman" posts, I must have missed the part about going to a boarding school. Either way, the Frontman is a poor choice.
Quote by Guitarmiester
With all of the "Why the Frontman" posts, I must have missed the part about going to a boarding school. Either way, the Frontman is a poor choice.

I know what you mean! People are like sheep I tell you. One day, Steven Seagull or Slats is going to jump off a bridge and everyone on the forum is going to follow them

The frontman isn't bad for practice. He got it for cheap too. It's got a great clean channel. The overdrive is turdy but whatever, he can use pedals.

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I know what you mean! People are like sheep I tell you. One day, Steven Seagull or Slats is going to jump off a bridge and everyone on the forum is going to follow them

The frontman isn't bad for practice. He got it for cheap too. It's got a great clean channel. The overdrive is turdy but whatever, he can use pedals.

Then there will be nobody left to recommend Dimarzio Evo's... guess I'll have to try and make up for the loss.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Then there will be nobody left to recommend Dimarzio Evo's... guess I'll have to try and make up for the loss.

Think about how many people will be recommended Spiders and MGs.

It's such a sad thought!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Guitarmiester
Everyone will have their own signature MG with crushing distortion!

Yeah man! It's totally slammin'
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Mine used to have crushing distortion! I so miss it.

NAWT!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
The frontmans not an awful practice amp by any means. Not the best, but deffinately not awful. The clean channels alright sounding, and he has his big muff for distortion.
My stuff:
Fender Tele 60's Reissue
Schecter Blackhawk
Vintage V300 acoustic
Yamaha RB170 Bass

Peavey Classic 30 amp

Boss SD-1, DOD Grunge, Guyatone PS-010 Compressor, Marshall SV-1, Vox V847, Zoom G2, Line6 Echo Park
Dudes. I own a Frontman. It makes me cry, I couldn't sleep the night after I heard its tone when I had been using a Valve Junior for a long time inbetween.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
why the frontma...ah hell I'm not going for that one again!
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Because he needs a practice amp as stated in the OP.

Do you lot need some reading glasses?

But its basically the same size as the deluxe and for that price he could have gotten a better tube amp or even a used attenuator for the deluxe. Just my 2 cents anyway.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Apr 13, 2008,
Why the frontmant? You could have got a Palomino V8, or VJ
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer