Hey,
My search for an amp is winding down.

Anyways, i'm almost sure that I want a 1967 Fender Bassman (I believe this year still had the blackface internals, but a silverface exterior, can someone confirm this?). And since I will spend about 1/3 of my amp budget on it... I have alot of cash to buy a nice cab.
I do want to go avatar or vader or one of those companies, and I was just wondering what speaker size I should get.
I want an SRV tone with alot of bottom end (but without getting too muddy), and i'm not sure if I should go with 12's or 15" speakers.
Also, i'm not sure on what brand/model I should go for.
I have a near unlimited budget (but I want to leave some for other guitar stuff like ABY switches, EQ pedals and other stuff).

Thank You!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
ive never considered using 15" for guitar, i always thought they were only good for bass. i'll take a guess and say that a 15" speaker is going to be more muddy than a 12" because there's more surface area that needs to me moved...or something like that lol
I would go with a 4x10. It is very responsive and has a much less muddy tone. Hell, if they didn't have good bass response, do you really think that so many bass players would use them?
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
^Alright, thanks.
But, i've also heard of SRV using amps with 15" speakers too.
But, I do like 10's, but I think i'd rather have something like 12's which will give me a bit more bottom end.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator