Page 1 of 4
Please dont turn this into

"Insert Guitar" is the worst guitar

"Insert Guitar" is better.

IMO, i played a Dean CFH guitar, the one with lightning bolts, and it played horribly, almost as bad as the 200$ dean next to it.

Also, I played a Schecter something, but it was like 800 bucks, and the neck was a ****ing tree trunk on it, i know its all opinion, but this was thicker than a Les Paul 50's neck.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Any Gibson Les Paul. I just hate how they feel. Resting my hand on the bridge makes the body feel like it's 10 feet away from my wrist. And don't even get me started on the necks.

Just my opinion.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Gibson LP Supreme 2007 production, played like a log but sounded great (Not hating on Gibby btw I just didn't like that guitar!)
Ibanez RG2550Z was the the best feeling guitar for me... oh the Prestige Neck finish!
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Aren't Schecters known for pretty beefy necks? I may be wrong.

Played a ESP Eclipse once. Don't remember the price tag, but it was a bunch. The action was terrible. I thought it was odd; all the others I've played have been high-quality.
ESP custom shop Shinigami beautiful guitar but a bitch to play
http://espvisuals.blogspot.com/2008/02/esp-x-shinigami-death-metal-guitar.html
yeah my friend's dad bought one for his art room

oops forgot price: $20,000(art is expensive)
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Last edited by BAoxymoron at Apr 13, 2008,
TBH I didn't like the JEMs I've played, and they're hella expensive. I think they look nice, but the feel of the neck is really bad imo. I'm just not a fan of extremely thin ibby necks at all.

Now the MusicMan Petrucci.... <drools> that's a sick guitar.
i played a 1200$ gibson explorer studio. personally i hated it

i like a 170$ dean ML better
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
PRS McCarthy. I thought it played like turd.

It sucked too because it looked killer.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Teh GIR
Please dont turn this into

"Insert Guitar" is the worst guitar

"Insert Guitar" is better.

IMO, i played a Dean CFH guitar, the one with lightning bolts, and it played horribly, almost as bad as the 200$ dean next to it.

Also, I played a Schecter something, but it was like 800 bucks, and the neck was a ****ing tree trunk on it, i know its all opinion, but this was thicker than a Les Paul 50's neck.

I've picked up Gibson Les Paul's that felt worse than some of the one's Epiphone makes.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
i thought that playing a doubleneck sg would be kickass. turns out its not.
its heaviness can be a problem.

jimmy page...how did you do it???
When i die, i wanna be burried upside down...so that anybody who doesnt like me can kiss my ass.

marilize leguana!
Hmm... I've played a few half-assed Gibson LP Studios. Then again, I've also played some pretty nice Studios.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Nearly all Gibson LP's I've played I've hated. I much prefer my Epiphone, which is weird.
Never. But I only ever really played two high end guitars. My Ibanez S540 and a Jem. No complaints.

Never felt like crap. The s540 sounded like **** with the EMGs I bought it with. It was even some jazz player who had put them in there :S
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
$2300 martin sounds worse than my ****ty guitar, and i've never found any gibson i've liked

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
Gibson Les Pauls, not all of them. Some of them feel brilliant but some I pick up and just.. feel nothing for them. They are too costly to be as hit and miss as they are.
from every fender i've played when it was a squier or a mexican or an american strat i have never felt or heard a difference from any of them.

then i remember i played a dean razorback, like an $800 one with flames on it cuz i thought it looked gay and it sounded as bad as it looked. sorry dime you played ugly guitars. right after i picked up a daisy rock flower guitar and it played better then it
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
I played a Gibson SG, not sure exactly which model though. It sounded, felt and played like crap. I have beginners guitars that could easily rival it. It might have been just one of those bad guitars same as how there's the good ones. I don't want to pass judgement so quickly based on one guitar but the last guitar I'd ever buy is a Gibson, too much money for something like that (he paid about $1300 or so)
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Pretty much every high end Ibanez I've ever played, the necks are way too thin.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
It wasn't electric, but the worst expenisive guitar I have ever played was a taylor 914 limited edition. They wanted like $6000 or $7000 for it and it sounded horrible, had a bump in the fretboard around one of the inlays, 2 loose frets that needed to be glued down or replaced and I could see a gap in the seam on top the guitar which means the top needed replaced. It was very very sad.

Odly enough, the best guitar I ever played was a taylor 714. It was ugly as sin but it played like an angel.

In the world of electrics the worst guitar I ever played was a Gibson LP standard. I think it cost something like 600 quid but I don't remember.

Quote by Moe.
Nearly all Gibson LP's I've played I've hated. I much prefer my Epiphone, which is weird.

Not weird at all. Gibson themselves say they make Gibson LP's for collectores and they are not meant to be played.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Apr 13, 2008,
Fender Tele
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
^real tele's hurt my wrists. I love them, but I can't play them.
Not taking any online orders.
Gibson Les Paul Classic. Sounded decent but played horribly. Also, the JEMs don't play that well for the price.
I much preferred the Gibson Faded V to the Les Paul which cost double the money..
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by CorduroyEW

Not weird at all. Gibson themselves say they make Gibson LP's for collectores and they are not meant to be played.

Ahh, so that's why they overprice everything severely.
gibson LP, they are OVERPRICED and heavy... i did like the tone though, but for the price id easily take the EPI wich has a better finish too in some cases, either way

Slash is pissed
Gibson Les Paul Studio. Felt like crap, played like crap, sounded crap. Considering it's price, it's not worth it. You can get a better gutar from other brands for half the cost.

though, to make it clear that I'm not just jumping on some Gibson-hating bandwagon; the second nicest guitar I've ever played was a Gibson Custom Shop VOS 1959 LP, so nice I happily bought one myself.
So y'know. Gibson's high-end models are worth their price tags. Their low-end models though really, really aren't.
Ibanez RGA121, was about 800 euros. Felt like crap, sounded like it and the fretboard was dryer than baked sandpaper.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)

This

£500

The neck was a big sticky clumsy rock, even with the bridge SC, it sounded absoloutely nothing like a tele should. >_< POS.

+ Ibanez RG350

+
£350 ****ing gross guitar. Worst neck ive ever played.
Last edited by beckyjc at Apr 13, 2008,
Oh man I just realized the two guitars I just flip out when playing:

Ernie Ball John Petrucci 6-string

Fender Eric Johnson Strat

I don't know what it is about the EJ strat, but it felt just about perfect for my hands. The neck feels sticky for about ten minutes, and then you just forget about it and play! Wonderful, versatile tone too, imo.

Also there seems to be a lot of hate going around for Gibson LP's, and I gotta say I somewhat agree. Quality control is a very big issue, and here's a little anecdote that serves that pretty well:

When I bought my LP, I went to 3 or 4 small, reputable shops and tried out at least 10 different ones. Some had excessively high action that even after some tinkering resulted in bad buzz, others had particularly poor fret jobs, and almost all of them had poorly cut nuts. Only one out of all the ones I tried actually played the way you'd expect a $1,000+ guitar to play.

Now, just last week a friend of mine wanted to buy a mexi strat to get started in playing guitar. We played three of them - all of them pretty good - and found an excellent one for $350, new, with case.

Gibsons don't completely suck - I think the tone you get from a good les paul is excellent and fairly unique - but their average quality is pretty bad for the price.
I played a Gibson Les Paul custom it was my first time touching a Les Paul and I expected orgasms and after I played for 30 secs on it it felt normal, nothing special whatsoever. My Jackson RR3 felt much much much better than it.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Yesterday @ Guitar Center every guitar I played was ****ty.

But the biggest dissappointment was a custom shop 1958 Les Paul. Was way to light, the neck felt like plastic and my Epi put it to shame. Even teh new Slash signature was unimpressive.
i hate how les pauls feel, i cant get to any high fretts as easy as on my sg, and the tone wasnt the mindblowing stuff that everyone who owns one makes it sound
meh
A while ago I played a PRS Single Cut which I thought was a bit standard, considering the price tag, but yesterday at work I had to demo a PRS Custom 22 Ten Top and oh my god, felt beautiful.
Funny words.
Jackson RR24. $1225 brand new, but I really hate the feel of painted necks and this one seemed to be ESPECIALLY sticky and crappy. Could've been a bit dirty from all the other kids trying them out, but I preferred the overall feel of my LTD Alexi 600 pink sawtooth, which costed me $950. Almost 300 less and I love it so much more.
a $1,000 gibson explorer feels cheeper to me than the epi one. Why? I
don't know.

I have to throw this in cuz its funny and odd. the only guitar that I
still can't beat the feel of is my starcaster from walmart! only a Jackson
dinky felt better to me.
Gibson Les Pauls....eek
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
Page 1 of 4