I just started a band (im 21 yrs old), so this is my first experience with needing my singer to be heard above the band...currently we sing through my 25 watt practice guitar amp, at its terrible. We're looking at getting a small PA system for the vocals and I came across this listing on craigs list :
Yamaha 6 channel board 150 watts. Two Cerwin-Vega cabinets with 15 inch speacker and horn in each.

Theres no picture but its only $150. Would this get the job done for a garage band who will play at local bars. We play mostly mid tempo rock like dave matthews, oar, chili peppers, tom petty, etc. I know nothing of pa systems, so anything will help, we can't afford much. Thanks
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
any idea if this one i listed on craigs list would get the job done for now?
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by nemjeff13
I just started a band (im 21 yrs old), so this is my first experience with needing my singer to be heard above the band...currently we sing through my 25 watt practice guitar amp, at its terrible. We're looking at getting a small PA system for the vocals and I came across this listing on craigs list :
Yamaha 6 channel board 150 watts. Two Cerwin-Vega cabinets with 15 inch speacker and horn in each.

Theres no picture but its only $150. Would this get the job done for a garage band who will play at local bars. We play mostly mid tempo rock like dave matthews, oar, chili peppers, tom petty, etc. I know nothing of pa systems, so anything will help, we can't afford much. Thanks

150 will probably get you a crap PA....

I would suggest looking for one or two Behringer KX1200 or similar combo style PAs.
I have the 1200 in my studio and its a great product, and i normally dont trust Behringer...

sound and build quality is great, as is the $200 price tag...when it was new, now you have to find one used as they dont make them anymore.