I have a mini harmony with a strat style body. i had an emg 81 put in it and now it sounds like a 1000 dollar guitar (i had to have new tone and volume controls installed along with a new input jack ). but it dosnt play that great. I was thinkin of getting a new neck too. Is it possible for a guitar tech to route the body of my guitar and replace the tremlo with sumin like a floyd rose(i know a realy good dude if its possible). or am i stupid for doing this and should just get sumin like a jackson dinky with a floyd rose already on it, and put my emg in that?
For the price of a neck and a FR and the work to put it in you could yes buy a much better guitar. Cheap guitars are ok to mod IF you dont spend much doing it. But spending 600 bucks to mod a 100 dollar guitar is kind of pointless.