Well, my vibrato sounds like ass. Basically what i do is use my the middle of my index middle or ring finger as an anchor and move my finger down to create that sound. It sounds awful though.

Same with bend vibrato, i can only vibrate a little bit, some people can get this huge warm beautiful sounding vibrato.

How do you do it properly? Any videos you can show me? thanks
ah, what a common delimia. here are some tips. 1) try using your fingers themselves to just slid the strings up and down. 2) a common problam is sometimes your other fingers accidently mute the string, practice keeping your non used fingers up. 3) try the old "shake the whole guitar" tecneque. 4) let it come to you, try it and eventually, without even knowing it, you will have corrected the mistake yourself. i hope this helped, any questions or comments email me at BATBOY420494@AOL.COM
It's more mental than you'd think. Do not 'pity' your guitar when doing the vibrato. It requires some force but it comes mosty from the wrist. DO NOT move you fingers. It's in the wrist. And for god's sake put that thumb close to the high edge of the neck.

That's my advise for a solid rock vibrato.
Quote by Alex Zyka
It's more mental than you'd think. Do not 'pity' your guitar when doing the vibrato. It requires some force but it comes mosty from the wrist. DO NOT move you fingers. It's in the wrist. And for god's sake put that thumb close to the high edge of the neck.

That's my advise for a solid rock vibrato.

My vibrato sounds just fine, and i use my fingers and keep my thumb in the middle of the neck. Really anything can work, just everyone will have their own preference.