ok, well i played guitar for one year when i was 12. Now i am turning 16 and getting back in to it, but i dont want a wal-mart guitar 99$ p.o.s.

so i was looking around my local guitar shops and saw this Yamaha Aes-920 regular $1,200 on for $500 with a free hard case included.

Details:
Construction - Set Neck
Scale Length - 24 2/4’’ =628mm
Fingerboard - Rosewood
Radius - 13 ¾’’ = 350mm
Frets - 22
Body - Maple on African mahogany
Neck - African mahogany
Bridge - Yamaha Original, AES Bridge
Pickups - Seymor Duncan ’59 X 2
Pickup Switch - 3-Position
Controls - Volume 1, Volume 2, Master Tone
Colors - Honey Burst

i's also buying a spider 3 line 6 15 watt amp i think...

it seems like a verry versatile guitar to me, but i dont know much of anything.
as long as it dose good clean, and good metal sounds im happy =) but i guess that would be the amp too...

Oppions and help/advice much appreciated.
I think it's a great guitar. For that price, it's a STEAL.

The Spider is great to really dink around and to find what you like and what kind of effects go with what and all that jazz.

Good luck.

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
get an epiphone lp standard or a fender telecaster and then a good amp itll cost you like 800-1200 bucks so im guessing thats in your budget...just don't get a line 6 amp
Whats wrong with a line 6?

i thought it sounded nice with out any effects or distortions, thats how i tested all the guitars i liked...

and i LOVED the built in effects like metal, rock, and intense as well as the chorus, and flanger and stuff like that.

is there a beter amp for a reasonable price? preferibly 15 amp because... im only a noob and all...
dude buy it. no doubt thats a good deal.
When i die, i wanna be burried upside down...so that anybody who doesnt like me can kiss my ass.

marilize leguana!
Quote by TYL3R3268
Whats wrong with a line 6?

i thought it sounded nice with out any effects or distortions, thats how i tested all the guitars i liked...

and i LOVED the built in effects like metal, rock, and intense as well as the chorus, and flanger and stuff like that.

is there a beter amp for a reasonable price? preferibly 15 amp because... im only a noob and all...

The Vox AD15VT and Roland Cube 30X are both similar amps, but better sounding and with better build quality.

The guitar is very well spec'd for the price, sound-wise it's going to be a lot like a Les Paul.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
For that price of course get the guitar, looks nice too. As for the amp its all personal preference. I'd try a few different amps out and see what you like. Don't just try one and then think thats it. If you still end up liking the Spider thats cool then. Its up to you.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Spider's *apperently* sound to 'digital'. I think they sound pretty good but w/e. Just thought I'd add that...
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
I'd definitely buy the guitar if I were you. As for the amp, I'd rather get a Vox AD15VT or a Roland Cube 15X, both are WAY better, in my opinion, than the Line 6 Spider III.
That guitar is really great! Buy, buy, buy!!!!! Or you will do the mistake of your life!!!! You don't get a better guitar under $1000.

*edit: Don't buy a Line6 amp, they suck, if you do, you can just buy a Squier as you wil barely hear the difference. Get a VOX Valvetronix. The Yamaha AES 920 is in the same class as Gibson Standards, easily.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Apr 13, 2008,
My Spider 3 (15watt) is great. The only thing I don't like is the way it sounds on clean but i always play on crunch or metal anyway so it doesn't matter.

But it
I've tried out some Spiders and I really don't like the sound of them (especially the clean, and don't say that you'll just only play on crunch, because trust me, you're not going to want to play crunch all the time). Personal preference, but still. However, only ones I've ever tried are a 50 and a 100W one. Don't know about lower wattages though. I have a cheap $80 Fender amp, 15 Watts. It has a clean and overdrive channel, but sounds amazing for the price, and a great practice amp. Roland cubes are great small amps too.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster