i didnt know weather to put this here or in GG&A so sorry if its in the wrong place but i just pulled apart my monte allums modded DS-1 becasue for a pedal that gets great reviews and one that ive seen great videos on youtube it sounds kinda terrible

i think this is the tri mod or somthing not to sure but it has a 3 way toggle swicth installed so i opened it up and im an electronics noob so i just searched for anything that was broken snapped or loose etc. everything seemd fine so i plugged a patch lead into the input and the battery check LED lit up but there are 2 LED's attached to the toggle switch one was dull but then got brighter as i flicked the switch so im guessing that ones in perfect working order but the 2nd LED failed to come on at any position of the toggle

its a big ask but if anyone can offer some insight that would be great, thanks
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

anyone?
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

If I'm not mistaken, plug in a guitar and start playing. You should see the LED briefly light up when you strum a note? The mod is using a LED and something else for the clipping diodes, rather than for a visual indicator for something. This isn't the problem in this case.
I've found with my modded DS-1 it takes a bit of knob twisting for it to sound great. Some settings are quite bland and horrible sounding, but once you get the sweet spot the pedal just screams.
cheers:
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
ok thats mate youve actually helped me alot on UG hahaha ok will do what are your settings? is yours keeley

Quote by angusslashdime
ok thats mate youve actually helped me alot on UG hahaha ok will do what are your settings? is yours keeley

Basically a Keeley, with a couple of mods around the tone stack. Mine sounds best with the tone controls slightly rolled down and the gain fairly up - works great with bridge humbuckers.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
cool what sort of tone you getting can you compare it to anything