Hey you guys im kinda new in this stuff..
I got a birthday tommrow and my family are buyin aan elctric guitar to meh.
I got a budget of like 1000$ to the guitar and... 300-350$ to the amp..
Can you give an advice what should i buy with it? Im kinda begginer but i want somethin for a long term..

Thx
~PEACE~
~"When your heart stops beating, your alive again - PEACE"~
depends what styles you play?
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
I think your budget should be reversed to $400 on guitar and $1000 on Amp.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
why is it a certain budget for each thing?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Well i play classic rock mostly.. but i like to play punk and rock too.. and just take it like i got 1400$ to both..
Get an Ibanez or a PRS for about $500, and spend the rest on a decent tube combo.
go with a b-52 tube combo and either a gibson (if you can still afford one) or a badass semi-hollow
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
Well ill check out in the local stores here.. anyway thx for the help..
I say don't do it, If it's you first guitar, you may not even stick with playing it!

I know starter packs ain't great but the guitar may still last you at least a year and even longer if you upgraded the amp...
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
Go to the store and try out tons of different guitars till you find the one that fits you most.!!!!!
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
If you could convince your family to give you the money and let you buy whatever you want with it, I spend $1000 on the guitar and amp and keep the $400, it's only your first guitar dude. If not then spend like 500-600 on the guitar and get a tube amp with the rest. As for what to actually buy, I'll let someone who's got more experience answer.
Last edited by Roookie at Apr 13, 2008,
I know its my 1st guitar but i got a classic one for a year and i cant stop playin it so im sure ill play it alot. thanks anyway for all the advices :P

~PEACE~

Actually less then a year.. 4-6 monthes..
Last edited by G'N'S at Apr 13, 2008,
You can probably pick up a decent used Marshall combo (Just watch out for the MG series) for about $1000 and then get an Epiphone with the rest.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Exactly what my friend told meh.. ill considre it but i should probably go check some guitars..
If you take any advice from us, let it be this: buy a good amp, and don't worry too much about the guitar. Get an amp that SOUNDS good and a guitar that FEELS good.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments