Long time reader first time poster.

A few of my mates and I have started playing music as a band and started to record some of our original songs. This recording is our most recent and I was looking forward to any suggestions or comments that anyone would have in regards to how it's played, what might sound better ect..

I'd consider the genre Rock/Blues..

___

Edit: Forgot to add that it is a patchy recording so there are small errors on my behalf (drumming) I was kind of experimenting on the sound.

The song is in my profile. Thanks for reading/listening.
Last edited by Will.ftw at Apr 13, 2008,
...And also we are in need of a band name. Any suggestions?
Wear the eye patch Bret, Wear the Funky Funky eye patch...

Quote by Tallman

You, sir, should be knighted.

Last edited by coolo : Today at 00:00 AM. Reason: ???
stoner rock, the song composition is good, with wah effect at the start but the whole set needs to be Eq and compressed it would make it sound 10 zillion times better,

there are some few errors in the song but who cares your still getting the main point of the song out which is great

U need a vocalist but im sure in time u will

the composition is great though very simple song with the verse chorus verse set up if u no what i mean

overall a 7.5 out of 10 the song is good, but just work on the little nick nacks and you will find i will lift the rating well done
Thanks for the post mate very helpfull. We do have a vocalist we just don't have any lyrics for the song yet. I must admit it's quite hard writing lyrics for this song in particular.
We cant really change the EQ compress or change the volume of the tracks that was a recording to make sure we remembered the song we just put a microphone hanging from the roof in between us all and played.

It will have a bridge and solo and i may work on the bass a bit before it is final

Quote by Tallman

ah yes, oh well that sounds good none the less, but u can add some eq effects on an all round recording program, but yeah like i said lyrics would be top fellas

but if lyrics are a challenge try think of a theme and work ur way around it
Thanks for the crit Martindecorum ill return the favour on you songs

Quote by Tallman