Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone have one of these guitars? I know their very new, but lately I've been hearing that people have just got them and love them,just wanted to know what its like and people's opinions on it when they played it.Thanks guys!
My Gear:
Ibanez SV5470 Prestige
Washburn WG208
Marshall MG15DFX(Practice amp)
Peavey Classic Rocker 30/Vox AC15( Coming soon)
POD X3 Live..xD
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special(In my dreams...)
Just in case you're considering buying one, you'd be better off with a new amp.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
Just in case you're considering buying one, you'd be better off with a new amp.

Stop telling him what to do, he can get one if he wants. TS I've heard good things about it, research and play one if you can, I've heard about sustain problems but that can be fixed
Quote by Shred Head
Stop telling him what to do, he can get one if he wants. TS I've heard good things about it, research and play one if you can, I've heard about sustain problems but that can be fixed

No.

Are you kidding me?

Your going to be playing a 1200 dollar Prestige Ibanez through an MG15?

Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Teh GIR
No.

Are you kidding me?

Your going to be playing a 1200 dollar Prestige Ibanez through an MG15?

At least the guitar's sustain won't be an issue.
Funny words.
I use the POD for amp purposes, I choose to get it before an amp because when I have to play on stage or at events I have to use the PA system, gearing up amps is not advised at the church I play at, though it would be nice to play it through a real AC30 or Orange amp, but the guy's there like to make sure we don't get too loud or uncontrollable I guess...Anyway, thats my explanation on why I did not get an amp or go Pedalboard with the amp after that, the POD X3Live's amp sims are perfect for the conditions I play under, and I am not able to drive yet so lugging around a 30Watt-50watt 2x12 speaker amp isn't exactly easy. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the guitar as I'm really interested in ordering one, since I play a lot of blues,rock,classic rock, Christian music and some metal. I was thinking of a Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat but I've heard that the trem doesn't really have much range( 1 semitone or a tone higher at best) and I'm into a lot of Satch songs and I've heard that the SV's syncroniZR tremolo can have a similar range to the ZR. Thanks for your opinions, keep em coming !
My Gear:
Ibanez SV5470 Prestige
Washburn WG208
POD X3 Live..xD
The SV would prob. be your best bet.

You can spilt the coils on the Hums, so you can get strat sounds out of it easily.
And the SynchroniZR is supposed to be very good, as for satch stuff, you will be able to push the bar down, but not up.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Really? I thought the SyncroniZR tremolo was able to pull up, not as much as the FR but still better than a fender tremolo..
My Gear:
Ibanez SV5470 Prestige
Washburn WG208
POD X3 Live..xD
You can pull up (not as much as a FR) and push down on the SynchroniZR. Plus it has a bolt that turns it into a dive only bridge.

Line 6 Spider Valve 212

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I was just wondering, for anyone who has actually played one, how is the tuning stability when you use the trem? I would imagine it can't compare to a double-locking system, but does it still keep its tuning with moderate trem usage?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I've heard from one of the guy's down at the guitar centre here in Melbourne.He's played it before and really liked it, he said that it was one of the guitar's he spent most of his time with at the Ibanez 2008 Product release in Australia. The guitar stays in tune but if you go and do Steve Vai stuff on it, the tuning will probably go out. The ZR system helps, its got a good neck as well and is very versatile.
My Gear:
Ibanez SV5470 Prestige
Washburn WG208
POD X3 Live..xD