I recently aquired a ESP f-250, and had it set up at the local music shop with a new set of 9 gauge strings....

But after i got it back, there was alot of fret buzz around the 8th and 9th frets, mainly on the A string, i believe they missed it as its only on some parts of the guitar, so i raised the bridge to a point where there is no more fret buzz, and so...

How do i know if i raised the bridge too high and if the truss rod is the problem? how high should the strings be off the fretboard? it feels great now, but i want it to done "properly"

Cheers for any help or advice.
the truss rod shoud be adujusted by the gauge of strings you are using and the string it a personall call but i dont know how high
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
if you want something done right, do it yourself

i wouldnt let the guy at our music store adjust my action as its all about preference, i like my strings as low as possible with minimal fret buzz, a lil buzz is ok for like a second but if its a long buzz then its bad

and no matter how high you put your action if your bash the strings youll still get buzz........ so play with care