Yo I just got into my first band ever a month ago but I've been playing for ages we play kind of metal and 80s hard rock style stuff and We're doing a cover of the song down below ( including the solo ) what would be your impression of a band that played that song?
Down below by who exactly? But I think if you dont hit wrong notes and are in time..someone is bound to like it.
It's by pantera but it's 80s pantera when they were a sort of thrash/glam hybrid barely anybody knows about it but I think it's an awesome song
If it's a song you like and enjoy playing, then yes, it's a good song.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Apr 13, 2008,
Might be difficult to sing. I think you're probably better off covering something less obscure.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Were gonna sing it differently so it sounds more thrash and less glam and my guitar will be tuned down, but I refuse to change Dimebags old solo it's just beautiful, trust me when we play it the song will have plenty of balls
Quote by SlackerBabbath
If it's a song you like and enjoy playing, then yes, it's a good song.

Where are you playing it? More to the point, your role as a band is often that of an entertainer.

The question should be:

If it's a song the audience likes and enjoys listening to, then yes, it's a good song.

My guess is that when you post a question to a bunch of guitar freaks and get people going "what's that" then you will almost undoubtedly lose your audience. So... who IS your audience? If it's a bunch of Pantera fans, they'll freak!! If it's a bunch of Soulja Boys and Linkin Park fans.... you're f-ed.

if you're just playing in someone's basement and jamming for fun, and you are your own audience, then it's an awesome song if you all agree that to be true.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
Where are you playing it? More to the point, your role as a band is often that of an entertainer.

The question should be:

If it's a song the audience likes and enjoys listening to, then yes, it's a good song.

My guess is that when you post a question to a bunch of guitar freaks and get people going "what's that" then you will almost undoubtedly lose your audience. So... who IS your audience? If it's a bunch of Pantera fans, they'll freak!! If it's a bunch of Soulja Boys and Linkin Park fans.... you're f-ed.

if you're just playing in someone's basement and jamming for fun, and you are your own audience, then it's an awesome song if you all agree that to be true.

CT

I stand corrected.