Howdy! I'm looking at buying a Marshall AVT150 head, B-Stock (I have absolutely no problem with B-Stock--so what if there might be a couple of blemishes, it's still fully backed by a warranty) for $599 USD.

Does anyone have any information on this amp that may not be well known? I've read a lot of the positives but I've yet to see anything negative about it. Of course, nothing is perfect so there are bound to be flaws, and I was just wondering what the general consensus is on this head.

Also, what are some good cabinet suggestions? One 4x12 would be more than enough but there are so many choices!!
I don't think a whole lot of people like the AVT series, but I'm a big fan of it. I haven't heard anything reliability issues though.
alright, I'll put it this way. that's way too much for B-stock. it should be around $350 for b-stock. I got it for the equivalent value in England and everything's disgustingly overpriced here. so you're getting ripped off.
Secondly, it's a horrible amp. it's truly awful. the distortion is painful, the clean is dull and lifeless, the acoustic simulator is relatively ok but too quiet....and no matter what anyone tells you, EQing does nothing to make the sound tolerable.

Edit:

and it's not even in the entire AVT series, but it's that Head. it's the worst example of it.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
^ for the price (even UK prices) it's trash. Sorry.

how bad could a b-stock avt sound? o_O

don't do it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't know how the 150 is, I like my 50, but don't get the stock cab, the AVT stock speakers are crap with really muddy, loose low end.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
tube amp
wether your getting a good price and the AVT or not, its SS.
SS=yuck (90% of the time IMO, although there are exceptions)
buy a good tube combo
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey