I'm going to start doing vocals for my band (metal)
And I need a mic, these are the ones within my price range.
Which would be the best ?

Shure PG48
Shure PG58
Behringer XM8500
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Use a cardioid dynamic microphone with a pop filter.. The best in this category are the Shure SM57 or the SM58 , both cheap and amazing microphones with a small frequency response.

BTW, you're in the wrong forum
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Necrolust
Use a cardioid dynamic microphone with a pop filter.. The best in this category are the Shure SM57 or the SM58 , both cheap and amazing microphones with a small frequency response.

BTW, you're in the wrong forum

+1
And +1

The SM57 never fails.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
I've found a SM58 for $132 which I could buy.
Or an SM57 for $130.
Which would be better ?
I'm not sure if I will continue with vocals for our band though which is why I didn't want to spend over around $80 on a mic. But if these shure mics are really worth getting then I'll stretch the budget.

Yes I know but there isn't a vocal forum here... well not that I have found anyway. I wasn't sure where else to post :S.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
I've found a SM58 for $132 which I could buy.
Or an SM57 for $130.
Which would be better ?
I'm not sure if I will continue with vocals for our band though which is why I didn't want to spend over around $80 on a mic. But if these shure mics are really worth getting then I'll stretch the budget.

Yes I know but there isn't a vocal forum here... well not that I have found anyway. I wasn't sure where else to post :S.

SM57 is more of an instrument mic, the guard on the 58 makes it more suitable for vocals.
Looks like I'm getting the SM58 then
I'll be using it like
mic > mfx > EQ > guitar amp
Is that alright ?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD