The outstanding pioneer of Irish rock. One of my favorite guitarists of all time! I love his early six albums - the debut, Deuce, Blueprint, Tattoo, Against the Grain and Calling Card. Listening to his playing and lyrics is some kind of magical experience.
Many modern day musicians, including The Edge from U2, Slash of Velvet Revolver, Johnny Marr of the Smiths, Glenn Tipton of Judas Priest, Vivian Campbell of Def Leppard and Brian May of Queen, cite Gallagher as an inspiration in their formative musical years.
so are you just saying this or what? i dont really get it i mean everyone knows Rory just rocks socks everything from his sweet tone to his soulful playing. shame he got fat and died (im not sure if theyre connected) and also how awesome is gerry his bassist?
Oh, I just think he deserves a discussion. As for me, I know a little about his stuff after Calling Card and it would be helpful to see some comments on those records
Last edited by Realist at Apr 13, 2008,
Quote by ZoSoBeatle
so are you just saying this or what? i dont really get it i mean everyone knows Rory just rocks socks everything from his sweet tone to his soulful playing. shame he got fat and died (im not sure if theyre connected) and also how awesome is gerry his bassist?

Not really.

And when I say that, I mean, not really everyone knows him. He does definitely "rocks socks"
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Means the sheer force of his slide based playing will force your very socks to scream
"AS THE CROW FLIES!!"
Quote by Massive Failure
I used to get nude and hump my stuffed animals, and one day my parents caught me. They were shocked, I had Winnie the Pooh in submission and I was ruthlessly humping him and moaning.
You might also want to hear some of his work before his solo career when he was in a band called Taste!
Quote by Massive Failure
I used to get nude and hump my stuffed animals, and one day my parents caught me. They were shocked, I had Winnie the Pooh in submission and I was ruthlessly humping him and moaning.