Could anyone recommend me a type of glue (I don't mind about brands, just the type) to join body woods?
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Quote by Mky
Original Titebond.

+1 if you can get it. I can't get it where I'm at so I use evostic. Seems to hold just as well. Many of your PVA woodglues will work but many others wont so you do need to worry about brand.
Not taking any online orders.
i agree with Evostick. I've used that on a few guitar fixes, one of them being on a fracture across the neck. seems to hole. and have been told it will never break on that place again.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
I'm using Titebond II and it works very well. I've only made one body blank so far but it's solid as a rock.
titebond here. so far no problems. I hear titebond II and III aren't as good though.

anyone ever try holding a guitar together with gorilla glue?
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8
titebond here. so far no problems. I hear titebond II and III aren't as good though.

anyone ever try holding a guitar together with gorilla glue?

Yes. I decided to try gorilla glue for the body blank I just glued up. So far so good, seems to be a solid joint.
Gorilla glue will hold the damn space shuttle together lol! I would say original titebond, or maybe gorilla glue (but I don't know what possible complication may arise from that, if there were any)
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I usually use titebond for everything. Anyone else use the gorilla glue? Any advantages or disadvantages compared to titebond?
ive heard its more difficult to steam a fretboard off with gorilla glue but that its super strong. I use titebond for everything as well... titebond with some dust makes a great filler... oh and for anyone interested, walnut wood filler is an exact match for pao ferro
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Thank you very much everyone, this makes it alot easier.

Titebond
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Titebond original, its awesome!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man