This, my friends, should get interesting.

Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I do have a soft spot for it.

There aren't too many great bands besides Nightwish, however, and in general it has a distinct lack of solos

Visions of Atlantis are awesome, though.
Pretty much every goth metal band I've heard is boring. My brother, on the other hand, thinks it's the greatest form of music ever created.
Quote by Scourge441
Pretty much every goth metal band I've heard is boring. My brother, on the other hand, thinks it's the greatest form of music ever created.

Really, what bands have you heard? I like me some goth from time to time, it's not the greatest, but there are some good bands out there.

Also, yes this thread should get interesting, seeing as one of TS starters favourite bands is Korn. *sits back to watch*

Could someone pass the doritos?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by Dvnc
Did you get butter topping on that popcorn?

Yeah I did, there's tons of butter on this popcorn.

*passes Dync big feck off bag of popcorn*
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by Scourge441

The greatest after Melodeath and Power Metal, yes. (one of my favorite genres too).

But hell, Gothic Metal and it's fusions with other genres is great. Theatre of Tragedy, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Draconian, Lacrimas Profundere, Early CoF, Samsas Traum, Some of Nightwish's work, Therion... need I add more?

as for lack of solos, there is plenty.

oh, and also For My Pain..., great stuff.
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by The Virtuoso
Yeah I did, there's tons of butter on this popcorn.

*passes Dync big feck off bag of popcorn*

*passes the virtuoso an extra large drink to repay him for his kindness, then scarfs down big feck off bag of popcorn*
Up the Punx!
Hey you two, what is this, the pit?
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
^It's never too late Magero.

*gets behind bar counter to pose as bartender and server* What would you like? I have dead babies, babies on spikes, and babies on babies, or maybe just some popcorn?
Quote by Senor Kristian
^Lol, try the dead babie fillet, it's excellent and low on calories.
Quote by Senor Kristian
^ *Takes Magero's order* Would you like them rare, medium well, or well-done?
Quote by Senor Kristian
I laugh at those who think Nightwish is Gothic Metal.

Having a female singer with well-applied make-up does not constitute a Gothic Metal band.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by The Virtuoso
Really, what bands have you heard? I like me some goth from time to time, it's not the greatest, but there are some good bands out there.

I've heard:

Lacuna Coil (who are decent)
Type O Negative (good in small doses, but I couldn't see myself listening to them for a full album)
Within Temptation (ick)
Sirenia (boring)
Moospell (some killer songs, rest is ehh)
Leaves' Eyes (more folk, maybe? Decent in any case, but nothing that stood out)
After Forever (don't like)
Nightwish (some good stuff, but I usually have to force myself through a full album)

And a few other female-led bands who follow the same formula as Sirenia, Within Temptation, and the like.