Hello, i am an avenged sevenfold fan, but wait before you say "FAIL!" i am constantly wondering why people dislike them. I could understand if people don't like the music they play but it seems thats not the sole reason however shouldn't that be the only reason not to like any band/artist. So i wonder if somebody could help articulate the reason for so many haters other than "um cause they suck!"

Cheers
<Enter Witty Signature Here>
I'm pretty sure that there's already an A7x thread.

ask there.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
if you dont like the music why would you appreciate the people who make it
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
i like their music, hell its kick ass, but the band members are just plain fags. Sysnster Gates - amazing guitarist but pretty boy douche, Zacky Vengenace - straight out poofy emo, M. Shadows - a wigga (thinks hes black) and the drummer - well he looks funny
Quote by ZoSoBeatle
i like their music, hell its kick ass, but the band members are just plain fags. Sysnster Gates - amazing guitarist but pretty boy douche, Zacky Vengenace - straight out poofy emo, M. Shadows - a wigga (thinks hes black) and the drummer - well he looks funny

and their names are poofy.
Yea, theyre just really scene. You just have to look at them and then when you find out their stage names it gets worse. Also the vocals are whiny. They have nice harmonies and stuff, but the vocals are seriously whiny. Plus they have that annoying bravado.
Quote by insanitybreed
Yea, theyre just really scene. You just have to look at them and then when you find out their stage names it gets worse. Also the vocals are whiny. They have nice harmonies and stuff, but the vocals are seriously whiny. Plus they have that annoying bravado.

totally like on seize the day i mean just the first line of "SEIZE THE DAY" he has that whiny voice that so many gay punk bands have now adays, i dont know bands like simple plan or whatever
+1 to all of you haters! XD
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
firstly, obviously the music is one thing but if you don't like the personality of the band or their attitudes in general then you're obviously going to find it a little harder to enjoy their music.

secondly, i used to quite enjoy waking the fallen. looking back, it pales in comparison to the kind of music ive discovered since, but still, it was poppy and a little bit aggressive, and at the age of 17 i liked that. but then they sold a few records and got a bit above themselves. then they started believing their own hype and made watered-down scream-free (yes i understand the medical reasons) guns n roses-lite tripe.

then after i originally got a bit annoyed at the new direction, i took a look back at the odler stuff and thought 'actually...never mind'.

there you have it.