Poll: Should I go to Download Festival? Is it worth it?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I go to Download Festival? Is it worth it?
Yes
30 43%
No
39 57%
Voters: 69.
Page 1 of 2
Well, I'm just wondering whether or not I should take the time and money to save up to go to this awesome event. I heard the lineup isn't as good as it has been, and I just want the Pit's opinion. Here's the bands playing:

Judas Priest, Incubus, Motörhead, HIM, Chris Cornell, Kid Rock, Coheed and Cambria, Alter Bridge, Disturbed, Children of Bodom, In Flames, Jonathan Davis, The Subways, Rise Against, 36 Crazyfists, Job for a Cowboy, Bleeding Through, The Black Dahlia Murder, Throwdown, A Day to Remember, The Devil Wears Prada, Alesana, Within Temptation, Cavalera Conspiracy, Apocalyptica, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Bullet for My Valentine, Seether, Madina Lake, Biffy Clyro, Fightstar, Pendulum and Elliot Minor

So...what should I do?
I wish I had the problems you had. Go to freaking Download, and be glad you don't live in Australia were you get 0 good music festivals.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
No.

Download's lineup gets worse every year.

Only good bands that are there are Motorhead and the Priest.
It's not as good as it has been, but it depends what you're into.

EDIT:
Quote by Alter-Bridge
I wish I had the problems you had. Go to freaking Download, and be glad you don't live in Australia were you get 0 good music festivals.

Don't you get Big Day Out? (Sorry if I'm thinking of some other country) but be glad that you don't have to put up with rain every other freaking day!
i've been every year since 04, was hoping to make it 5 years in a row, but with the lineup it has, im giving it a miss and going to bloodstock
download this year is ****, dont go
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Okay, now consider this...

Would you go if your dad was coming with you and hes into bands like Nickelback and Three Doors Down, and hates screaming bands?

Whats it like other years?
Quote by Alter-Bridge

exactly...big day out's like the closest good thing we have

just go!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
i'm going

only really for the devil wears prada, job for a cowboy, dillinger escape plan, black dahlia murder, incubus and chris cornell, everyone else i'm not fussed about, headliners are nearly as bad as last years, should be a good atmosphere and a laugh with friends, i wouldn.t go just for the bands if i was you
Quote by Mathamology
One day that guy is gonna lose a whole arm to that blender

and that shall be the day I laugh the hardest
Last edited by markazord at Apr 13, 2008,
Line-up is horrible and already put me off.

I've seen all of the bands i would like to see there before anyway.
Quote by Alter-Bridge

i second that.
Quote by Alter-Bridge

+123423423

Big Day Out is a piece of ****.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by flipthatchicken
Bodom are the ONLY worthwhile band there.
despite the fact they WILL get booed by emo fags

Have you ever been to download?

The only bands that get booed are MCR, 30 seconds to mars type bands.
If Leeds/Reading or Bloodstock's line ups seem better to you, don't go to Download and go to one or both of them instead.
If not, then go to Download or find another festival
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
I'm not going this year. They've increased the ticket price but tried to save money on the bands playing. For the same money I could see all my favourite bands on their own tours this summer.
I'd only go for Dillinger and Pendulum.
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
There are a few good bands playing.
Rise Against, Incubus, Motorhead, Disturbed and all...

I'm gonna be going to Download this year.
The line up is much worse than last year's but it still should be good fun. Just the whole camping and fest aspect of it...
Save your money and watch it on TV instead.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
There's 3 good bands: Pendulum, Biffy and Dillinger, as well as a couple of half-decent ones. It's a complete waste of everything to go there.
I'm surprised HIM are playing there - I thought they said they weren't doing Download again after 2005.
Quote by punkforlife93
Well, I'm just wondering whether or not I should take the time and money to save up to go to this awesome event. I heard the lineup isn't as good as it has been, and I just want the Pit's opinion. Here's the bands playing:

Judas Priest, Incubus, Motörhead, HIM, Chris Cornell, Kid Rock, Coheed and Cambria, Alter Bridge, Disturbed, Children of Bodom, In Flames, Jonathan Davis, The Subways, Rise Against, 36 Crazyfists, Job for a Cowboy, Bleeding Through, The Black Dahlia Murder, Throwdown, A Day to Remember, The Devil Wears Prada, Alesana, Within Temptation, Cavalera Conspiracy, Apocalyptica, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Bullet for My Valentine, Seether, Madina Lake, Biffy Clyro, Fightstar, Pendulum and Elliot Minor
So...what should I do?

i think for them...its a good reason to go...
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!
nah
motorhead
children of bodom
and judas priest are the only ones id go and see
im not paying that much money for three bands
No, the lineup looks bloody awful.

Even if there are better joining, it's DEFINITELY not worth £160.

For perspective, that's $320.
Quote by Vermintide
No, the lineup looks bloody awful.

Even if there are better joining, it's DEFINITELY not worth £160.

For perspective, that's $320.

Holly little drunk mother of jesus!#@%
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!
Quote by flipthatchicken
Bodom are the ONLY worthwhile band there.
despite the fact they WILL get booed by emo fags

scene kids dig bodom.
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
Quote by Fiddler
scene kids dig bodom.

ive never met a scene kid who likes children of bodom.
come to think of it i dont think i've ever met a scene properly
The problem here, is that Download always has a handful of utterly brilliant bands, which usually weigh out the crapness of the bands like Madina Lake; but this time, the good bands are very few and very far between - they are Judas Priest, Bodom, In Flames, Throwdown, Alter Bridge, Job For a Cowboy, Cavalera Conspiracy and that's about it so far; and Priest aren't even headlining.

But, with Download, the atmosphere and people are spectacular, it's just such fun to go there, even when you're not listening to music.

Go.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Fiddler
scene kids dig bodom.

No they don't.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
The problem here, is that Download always has a handful of utterly brilliant bands, which usually weigh out the crapness of the bands like Madina Lake; but this time, the good bands are very few and very far between - they are Judas Priest, Bodom, In Flames, Throwdown, Alter Bridge, Job For a Cowboy, Cavalera Conspiracy and that's about it so far; and Priest aren't even headlining.

But, with Download, the atmosphere and people are spectacular, it's just such fun to go there, even when you're not listening to music.

Go.

you want to pay over £150 for atmosphere???!?!?!
**** you could just buy a sun 0)) album for how much your local record store charges

but yeah you could meet some cool people there
Last edited by slayer_rule_\m/ at Apr 13, 2008,
Page 1 of 2