Hi, this is my first thread, so be nice please
Anyway, yeah, my problem is that when i'm using my new jackson warrior, if i turn up th volume to full, i get a really irritating high pitched short squealing sound just by resting my fingers over the strings and if i try to play a muted note. The noise is kinda like a harmonic but i dont know what is causing it. Is it my pickups or what? i dont have a clue...
it most likely is the amp as alot of amps dont like to be played at max Volume, especially with distortion.
Quote by _ConFliCT_
it most likely is the amp as alot of amps dont like to be played at max Volume, especially with distortion.

Well, if i tell you everything im using that might help.
I've got my warrior turned up full volume.
I've got a Boss GT-8 pedal turned up about halfway.
And a 10-watt Ibanez practice amp turned up a quarter.

Thanks
So if you turn down the volume on your Warrior a bit this doesn't happen...? Then just use it at 8 or something all the time
Gear:
Godin Freeway Classic
Ibanez Concord Acoustic
Roland Cube 30x
Zoom G2
Quote by AllanM
So if you turn down the volume on your Warrior a bit this doesn't happen...? Then just use it at 8 or something all the time

It still does it a bit. And im not sure about why it does this. As someone else said, it might be the amp, but im not sure.
k its DEFINATELY ur amp those practice amps suck

you could try turn your amp on full n use the vol knob on ur guitar

but if i was you id get a noise suppressor like a boss ns-2 and a better amp least 50 watts
Quote by _ConFliCT_

but if i was you id get a noise suppressor like a boss ns-2 and a better amp least 50 watts

ok, cheers dude, i was planning on buying a new amp this summer anyway, now i just gota decide on one. i was thinking of a marshall, what does anyone think/know about them (from experience preferably)
Quote by _ConFliCT_

More watts=/=better amp. Look at the MG50. is it any better than the small practice amps they make? no.
TS: It is probably the amp, try playing your guitar through a different amp and see if it still happens. if it does, you're in the market for a new amp.
Quote by SOADplayer2
ok, cheers dude, i was planning on buying a new amp this summer anyway, now i just gota decide on one. i was thinking of a marshall, what does anyone think/know about them (from experience preferably)

marshall MG/AVT are not very good, and over priced. if you want a marshally sound, look into the Peavey windsors, or the Peavey Valveking series.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
OK, thanks to everyone whos helped me out
Seems i should start looking at new amps.
I'll check out a few of the forums on UG and look round the 'net.
Thanks again.