So, I foolishly purchased a Spider (III 15W) a few months back when I first got my guitar.

Now I have decided I want something a little, well, less crap and am thinking about the Roland Cube 15W?

Anyone care to share an opinion? I've got £100 max to spend, I only ever jam with myself, indoors, so don't need anything too powerful.

I've looked at the Roland Cube, Orange, Fender G-Dec Jnr, and can't decide.

I've heard good things about the cube.

Suggestions welcome!

Thanks
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Save up and go tube. Trust me, it's not worth it to get a 15 watt cube.

Nah, considering he is only playing at home the cube will be fine. What styles of music are we talking about here?
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

-George Carlin
Instead for 15x, go for the MicroCube or the 30x.

Or, a cheap tube amp.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
I've got the Cube 15 at home as my practice amp, and the Cube 60 as my main amp.

The Cube 15 should ONLY be used for practice, it sounds pretty fizzy to me, but it does the job. The Cube 60 is great though.
Why does everyone hate the Spider III. I've played on one once, and it seemed perfectly fine to me.
HYPOCRITE OPPORTUNIST

I was thinking about the Microcube.

I'm expecting to sell the Spider so shouldn't really cost me much.

I just find the Spider sounds really digital and doesn't produce a sound I like that's all. I'm still learning so only need something basic, I just want a decent sound.
The 15 doesnt have amp models or anything that makes the cubes good to begin with.

Maybe look at the Vox Valvetronix, better than the cubes IMO.

But yer, maybe save up some more and look into a small valve combo.
Quote by BRISTOL86
I was thinking about the Microcube.

I'm expecting to sell the Spider so shouldn't really cost me much.

I just find the Spider sounds really digital and doesn't produce a sound I like that's all. I'm still learning so only need something basic, I just want a decent sound.

Solid state amps in general sound digital, I can't play on my Cube anymore because the tone sounds so sterile and lifeless. There are plenty of cheap 5 watt tube amps (Which is louder than 15-20 watts SS) that sound great.

this, for example.
Dickless.
Try this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5H-and-BH112-Half-Stack?sku=483078

sorry if it's out of your price range, I don't know the $:£ ratio
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
for a practice amp cant go wrong with a cube.... however whan it comes to jamming with people ur gonna want to get a tube amp
i personaly have a cube. it cannot move any air at all i suggest saving up a few hundred more and get a peavey or sumthing that compliments your style.
my stuff
<><><><>
roland cube<---(anyone wanna buy it?)
b.c. rich mockingbird masterpiece<-----(is gunna get new electronics soon)
mxr 10-band EQ
crybaby 535Q wah <---(its awsome)
If you're using the Spider solely as a practice amp at home, just keep it. It's not bad as a practice amp. In terms of a practice amp, a Cube isn't much of an upgrade. Are you jamming with friends at all? If so, save a little more and get something worthwhile.
Quote by Guitarmiester
If you're using the Spider solely as a practice amp at home, just keep it. It's not bad as a practice amp. In terms of a practice amp, a Cube isn't much of an upgrade. Are you jamming with friends at all? If so, save a little more and get something worthwhile.

i agree, if you're using it just for practice then just keep it.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.