Aka green day, well what do you guys think of the music?

To me it sound's pretty good, a little bit like their old stuff but i hope this album is not what they have been working on for a long time, either way i'll be buying my copy when it comes out.

Dan
I like it. It has this cool retro vibe to it and it just sounds like their having fun.
Which is what has been seriously lacking in their music for years now..
It's nice to see something new from them - and something decent, too! Better than American Idiot, anyway.

I'll definitely be picking up their album.
I really like it, hopefully they go in this kind of direction with their next album.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
In my opinion, the only Green Day album that can compete with the Foxboro Hot Tubs is Warning. I like them way more than Green Day, and I like Green Day a good bit.
DOWN&OUT
I like them a lot.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
They're alright, decent mix of styles but the vocals really do owe a hell of a lot to Billy Joe.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
it'll be nice to see what their music sounds like this time around
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
i think they're really good. i enjoyed their EP; Stop Drop and Roll. I like the different sound they have from green day.
::type
This just dawned on me. I'm probably reading into things way too much but remember how prior to the writing and recording of 'American Idiot', they had recorded an entire record that would have been the follow-up to 'Warning'? The masters for that record were stolen. That prompted them to write new material and what would eventually be released as 'American Idiot'. Again, I'm probably reading into things too much, but I wonder if the songs now being released under the alter ego, 'Foxboro Hot Tubs', are actually those songs from the "lost Green Day" album. I know they denied it when they released 'Money Money 2020' as 'The Network', but I wonder if that's the case this time..

Thoughts? Am I an idiot? lol
No because Rob Cavallo , who has produced every major label Green Day album, said that Cigarettes and Valentines aka the "stolen" album sounded almost exactly like Warning.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I got it and it sounded pretty good on one listen.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
I got it and it sounded pretty good on one listen.

Yip. For £3, it's a bargain
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Not as good of a bargain as the first half
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Not as good of a bargain as the first half

Well that is true
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
I only like Green Days first album "Slappy Hours" I really like Foxboro Hot Tubs though, they are awesome.
I think this should be moved into Modern Rock though because
Garage Rock = Modern Rock
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by IcePh0enix
I like 'em, but they probably shouldn't be discussed here.

+1

Green Day's Foxboro side is Garage Rock revival, not Pop Punk
Quote by garage_kid
+1

Green Day's Foxboro side is Garage Rock revival, not Pop Punk

My bad
I would consider Foxboro Hot Tubs to be pop-punk because they sound identical to the Berkeley pop-punk band SWEET BABY, sometimes known as Sweet Babys or Sweet Baby Jesus.

When I first listened to Sweet Baby, I thought "wow, this sounds just like Foxboro Hot Tubs." But Sweet Baby predates Green Day and was one of their contemporaries back when they were named Sweet Children (the name similarity and similar sound often caused confusion). Sweet Baby played pop-punk with distinct garage rock influences, VERY similar to FHT.

As much as I love Green Day, I'm starting to notice that they steal a lot of ideas from a lot of people, and it's not helping me respect them very much.

Quote by element4433
No because Rob Cavallo , who has produced every major label Green Day album, said that Cigarettes and Valentines aka the "stolen" album sounded almost exactly like Warning.

He also said Cigarettes and Valentines sucked, making him my primary suspect in the case of the missing master tapes.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Last edited by JesusOfSbrbia at Apr 19, 2008,
I had noticed a Sweet Baby influence in Foxboro Hottubs
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Its a good side project from them, good idea, just hope they dont sound a lot like this in 'Green Day's new album'
Quote by element4433

Didn't know that.

I'm quite glad they didn't put out another Warning. As much as people hate on A.I. for bringing Green Day to the masses, it was a good album.
In my opinion, the Foxboro Hot Tubs go far beyond anything Green Day ever put out. Warning's my favorite Green Day album though. I wish they had put out Cigarettes and Valentines, as if it was "another Warning" it wouldn't have sounded like Warning, and would have been much better than AI.
I don't think AI was an inherently bad album; I think it was mediocre compared to what they're capable of, and as a result of being over played, got annoying.

The Foxboro Hot Tubs are really just fucking good though, and I think way more distinctive than AI. I like that they're not just putting out another pop punk album over and over.
DOWN&OUT
Is stop drop and roll out on the 20th?
I managed to download some of the songs in december before they got taken down. I'd love to go and see them at one of the shows but unforunatley I live in England
Wat do u reckon is a good guitar for play FHT?
I have been thinking of being a 335 style guitar, but can it get the bite needed?
Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton
Peavey something or other
Boss Overdrive/Distortion OS-2
I personally thought this was a cool idea, I’ve always loved the idea of side projects…

I like the band...
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
I like the band's work - it's just good pop music as always from the guys. What I love about Billie Joe and the band are that they're not closed to new directions or ideas and they still know how to have fun.

I really despise bands with absolutley no sense of humour.
Terms and Conditions apply.
I saw them the other night in Dallas.

One of the guitarists (the one who is not Jason White) looks EXACTLY like Johnny Thunders. Same hair, same facial expressions, same stage moves. And he was wearing a glam jacket with an anchor logo on the sleeve, and I think Billie Joe said his name was Chinatown.

Anchor symbol = Pirate Love?
Chinatown = Chinese Rocks?

Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but damn.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
I saw them the other night in Dallas.

One of the guitarists (the one who is not Jason White) looks EXACTLY like Johnny Thunders. Same hair, same facial expressions, same stage moves. And he was wearing a glam jacket with an anchor logo on the sleeve, and I think Billie Joe said his name was Chinatown.

Anchor symbol = Pirate Love?
Chinatown = Chinese Rocks?

Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but damn.

Definitely sounds like a Johnny Thunders wannabe.
His name is Kevin Preston, and he's in a band called Prima Donna. They're a wanna be New York Dolls, and they're alright, but way too generic to stand out a whole lot. They're so so, but get boring really quick cause they just try to be the Dolls, don't add much of their own to it.
DOWN&OUT
wow looks like like they got a world tour in mind (from their myspace) 'And with that said, thanks to all the Tub Heads for coming out for our first tour. Will there be more?
I got you on my mind, england...STING!!!!!
The Reverend Strychnine Twitch'

That would be so kool if they did!