Now our drummer is refusing to play at another gig, even though we've said they can do this gig as long as it's under a different name and not using our originals. What do I do? The band is falling apart and I've put so much time into it. The drummer is being so immature. I asked him why he won't p;lay the other gig, and he gave no reason, he just said 'because...'.
hello
Quote by opc100
Now our drummer is refusing to play at another gig, even though we've said they can do this gig as long as it's under a different name and not using our originals. What do I do? The band is falling apart and I've put so much time into it. The drummer is being so immature. I asked him why he won't p;lay the other gig, and he gave no reason, he just said 'because...'.

I know a guy exactly like that.
So he's holding you back and not giving reasons... I don't see any logical reason to keep him.
Quote by Retro Rocker
I know a guy exactly like that.
So he's holding you back and not giving reasons... I don't see any logical reason to keep him.

because he's a mate
and we enjoy each others company.
the main reason we do it is because we're best mates.
hello
It looks like he just wants to get together and jam with other musicians.

If you want to stay friends, I would get another drummer (or maybe drum machine or backing track) to fill in.
Quote by opc100

Sounds mysterious. You really need to find out why he doesn't wanna play the gig before you can do anything about it.
Get him alone and say 'Hey, I'm your mate and I'm worried about this, if you've got some personal problem with this, I promise you can tell me in all confidence' If it is something seriously personal, I dunno, maybe the gig promoter beat up his sister or something, then cancel the gig. If he's just playing silly buggers because of the other gig situation, explain to him that he's not doing the band any good by acting like this and is actualy putting the band's future in jeopardy.
i cudnt agree more, tell him that the band means everything to you, that u wna stay mates but that u may have to let him go and THEN u ask why he doesnt wanna gig, if he gives no answer say :"im sorry, c ya later" and if he has a brain, sooner or later he'll crack