A new pick. I recently switched to jazz III for more than two days at a time.

Before that, I played Dulop Delrin 2.00 mm, but I disliked the tone, and the Jazz III has awesome tone.
I just have a little problem; I can't play nearly as clean with these picks. I'm sure it will come with time, but have you tried doing something similar? If so, how long did it take you to get used to the pick?
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
hm... 3-4 days for me, but i went from a dunlop .46 pick to the jazz III, so was a big difference:P
it only took me like a day, but i play with a jazz grip instead of the convential "pick on knuckle held in place by the thumb" kind of thing. So a smaller pick worked out well for me, it felt more natural.

and eventually, most people find that their playing gets cleaner with the III's. it worked well with for me.
hmm... i use Jazz IIs but i really like the Tortex Purple 1.14mm in the same shape. I havent seen them anywhere though

How are the Jazz IIs compared with the IIIs?
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Yeah. The tone sounds cleaner. My playing is not cleaner as of now, since my picking hand can't keep up with my fretting hand yet. Can with my old picks though.

I've seen the EX3, but so far Jazz III gives the ultimate picking tone for me. And I have alot of picks, including tortex. I also heard that the EX3s wears down faster.
Also because picks tend to wear down (:P) I've considered buying some ultex jazz picks aswell. Atleast for practicing.

^Fizzle, what do you mean with a "jazz grip"?

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by PhantomNote

^Fizzle, what do you mean with a "jazz grip"?

Idk, i read somewhere online that it was a grip old jazz musicians used. I kind of just did it by accident. it was just one of those things i did when I was learning how to play that I never really corrected and it just stuck.
Basically, instead of setting the pick on my knuckle and holding it there with my thumb or whatever, I hold the pick between my thumb and my index and middle fingers. Like I said, complete accident, but it def helped me develope my own style.
Quote by fizzle07
Idk, i read somewhere online that it was a grip old jazz musicians used. I kind of just did it by accident. it was just one of those things i did when I was learning how to play that I never really corrected and it just stuck.
Basically, instead of setting the pick on my knuckle and holding it there with my thumb or whatever, I hold the pick between my thumb and my index and middle fingers. Like I said, complete accident, but it def helped me develope my own style.

Oh, I held it like that when I started out too. I found it inconvenient later on though.

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black