My wires have been hanging out of my guitar, but it worked. Yesterday I tried to plug it into my amp and the white wire was broken. There are two wires, a black and White. What can I do to Fix it?
Last edited by Mister_noodle at Apr 13, 2008,
Probably not a good idea to plug it into an amp if wires are hanging everywhere, that can be fatal if it shocks you hard enough.
On the eight day we spoke back...

let there be sound.
Quote by Billyjson
Probably not a good idea to plug it into an amp if wires are hanging everywhere, that can be fatal if it shocks you hard enough.

Plausible, but also incredibly unlikely, there's no danger unless you're using a faulty, ungrounded or vintage amp. Which you shouldn't be.

Simply solder the white wire back to the terminal it came from. Easiest repair in the universe; there's only a choice of two solder points, and one of them already has a wire attached to it....
Quote by kyle62
Plausible, but also incredibly unlikely, there's no danger unless you're using a faulty, ungrounded or vintage amp. Which you shouldn't be.

Simply solder the white wire back to the terminal it came from. Easiest repair in the universe; there's only a choice of two solder points, and one of them already has a wire attached to it....

Good thing it broke now I'm just about to get a sunn amp.