Page 1 of 2
It's a custom plus, vintage sunburst. I'm wondering if this is real.

Any help or any info regarding it would be appreciated.
fake.

see the 'E' ? it's extremely close to the tuner peg, whereas a real Epiphone has the E a cm or so above the tuner peg.
and the trussrod cover uses 3 screws whereas it should only be 2.
Last edited by The red Strat. at Apr 13, 2008,
we can't really see enough of the guitar to tell, although it does look kinda.. odd.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
yeah, the headstock design is kinda weird, and the logo is weird too, cant put my finger on it, where did you buy it from??
Quote by cleft11
yeah, the headstock design is kinda weird, and the logo is weird too, cant put my finger on it, where did you buy it from??

headstock kinda looks too narrow..
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
guitar was made at the
Saein Plant, Korea/China
June 2005
Production Number: 0724

The Saein Musical Instrument Co. Ltd. is located in the Namdong Industrial Complex in Incheon, Korea. Saein was established in July 1st 1991 and has a monthly capacity of 4,500pcs. In Oct 1st 1992, Saien Began manufacturing guitars for Epiphone, who they now consider to be their main business. They also started producing their own line of guitars called Shine in 1997. In February, 2001, a new factory was opened in Gaomi City, China. This factory boasts a monthly capacity of 10,000pcs. Saein was presented the ‘The Best Quality Award of the Year’ by Gibson Epiphone USA in 1998 and 1999.

Yep, its real
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Fake, look the truss rod cover, three screws and the ''LES'' is written wrong
Quote by jeowy
guitar was made at the
Saein Plant, Korea/China
June 2005

The Saein Musical Instrument Co. Ltd. is located in the Namdong Industrial Complex in Incheon, Korea. Saein was established in July 1st 1991 and has a monthly capacity of 4,500pcs. In Oct 1st 1992, Saien Began manufacturing guitars for Epiphone, who they now consider to be their main business. They also started producing their own line of guitars called Shine in 1997. In February, 2001, a new factory was opened in Gaomi City, China. This factory boasts a monthly capacity of 10,000pcs. Saein was presented the ‘The Best Quality Award of the Year’ by Gibson Epiphone USA in 1998 and 1999.

Yep, its real

Anyone can copy a serial code
Last edited by Horlicks at Apr 13, 2008,
Quote by jeowy
guitar was made at the
Saein Plant, Korea/China
June 2005

Yep, its real

how did you find that out??
I didn't buy it yet. Those are the pictures the seller gave me when I asked for close pics of the headstock. Yeah, the serial number comes out fine, but how can I be sure if it's original?
Quote by jeowy
guitar was made at the
Saein Plant, Korea/China
June 2005

Yep, its real

no it isn't

the guy probably took the serial number off a real Epi.

Quote by dookieguy
I didn't buy it yet. Those are the pictures the seller gave me when I asked for close pics of the headstock. Yeah, the serial number comes out fine, but how can I be sure if it's original?

it's not an original. report him to ebay or wherever that epi is for sale.
im just wondering why anyone would bother faking an epiphone.
if you're goona fake,
why not a gibson?
Fender Custom Tele, FMT HH
Michael Kelly Patriot Black
Peavey VK 212 (modded)
Member #24 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!

Quote by larrytheguitar
Would you eat the fish.
Quote by bill_talent
if you're goona fake,
why not a gibson?
precisely the point i was about to make
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by The red Strat.
fake.

see the 'E' ? it's extremely close to the tuner peg, whereas a real Epiphone has the E a cm or so above the tuner peg.

Please do share, I'm curious to know because you didn't say "eh, it looks like a fake to me" you sound like there is a 100% chance this guitar is fake, so please share.
Quote by The red Strat.
no it isn't

the guy probably took the serial number off a real Epi.

it's not an original. report him to ebay or wherever that epi is for sale.

he is right, if you look at the serial number you can see it is a sticker, cos it isnt printed on like it should be. so its a fake.
Quote by bill_talent
if you're goona fake,
why not a gibson?

less people expect someone to fake an epi, whereas faking gibsons has been done a lot and people watch out for fake gibsons, but they don't expect it with an epi.
besides, epis can get pretty darn expensive aswell.
epiphones arn't built to strict standards. Every manufacturing plant has their own little nuances that come out in certain lines. When you see pics on the epiphone website, etc, and they all look perfectly constructed, thats because they're pics of the very best high-quality american models...
Quote by mr.happyman
Quote by The Jomo
Please do share, I'm curious to know because you didn't say "eh, it looks like a fake to me" you sound like there is a 100% chance this guitar is fake, so please share.

share what
He looked up the serial number that somebody obviously took off a real epiphone, (or it is a real epiphone)

The logo is a bit off, the headstock should be longer, and the logo should be up on the headstock a -lot- more. It has a 50s neck, though, with the same goofy headstock-to-neck transfer that my epiphone has.

Honestly, I wouldn't be asking this question on UG, with the amount of Epi haters here, you might not have as many knowledgeable people.

Go to the epiphone forums at http://forums.epiphone.com/ and ask them. Honestly, I think it probably is a fake, but there are some people at the epiphone forums who can tell if its not just by looking at wood grain, etc.
2003 Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackouts
2006 Epiphone 66' Re-Issue SG
1980's USA Fender Stratocaster w/ 50's Gibson Humbucker
Fender Deluxe 112 Plus Amplifier
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT Amplifier
Peavey Basic 50 Amplifier
Pod XT Pro
Quote by Zerstorung
He looked up the serial number that somebody obviously took off a real epiphone, (or it is a real epiphone)

The logo is a bit off, the headstock should be longer, and the logo should be up on the headstock a -lot- more. It has a 50s neck, though, with the same goofy headstock-to-neck transfer that my epiphone has.

Honestly, I wouldn't be asking this question on UG, with the amount of Epi haters here, you might not have as many knowledgeable people.

Go to the epiphone forums at http://forums.epiphone.com/ and ask them. Honestly, I think it probably is a fake, but there are some people at the epiphone forums who can tell if its not just by looking at wood grain, etc.

Epi haters ? what the hell are you talking about, i might even get myself a Dot !
i see what your saying about the headstock... here's a pic of my epi custom: (lefty)

Quote by The red Strat.
less people expect someone to fake an epi, whereas faking gibsons has been done a lot and people watch out for fake gibsons, but they don't expect it with an epi.
besides, epis can get pretty darn expensive aswell.

Yeah, I've seen faked Gibsons, but never fake Epi's. Although, if they are good quality guitars, I wouldn't be afraid to buy one.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
Yeah, I've seen faked Gibsons, but never fake Epi's. Although, if they are good quality guitars, I wouldn't be afraid to buy one.

You've obviously never looked on ebay, it's riddled with them
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I prefer the look of it to regular Epiphones...
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by The red Strat.
fake.

Hate to burst your bubble, but Epiphones HAVE 3 screws on the Truss Rod Cover.

But yes, it's fake. The Logo is off and it doesn't say made in china on the back of the headstock.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Hate to burst your bubble, but Epiphones HAVE 3 screws on the Truss Rod Cover.

But yes, it's fake. The Logo is off and it doesn't say made in china on the back of the headstock.

ah crap, you're right

i was thinking of a fake gibson truss rod cover.
It's a really, really good fake, but the length of the headstock, the placement of Epiphone, the serial sticker, and the crappy Custom headstock inlay all give it away.
It's fake, look at what the red strat said. In a real Epiphone there are two screws in the truss rod cover, this one has three.

FAKE.
Quote by umbrellacorp
tom morello that bitch

^ Talking about how high to play your guitar.
Quote by The Lesser Paul
It's fake, look at what the red strat said. In a real Epiphone there are two screws in the truss rod cover, this one has three.

FAKE.

WHAT!?

Give your Epiphone another look buddy.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
WHAT!?

Give your Epiphone another look buddy.
Oh god. *kills self*

I'm just going to log off now.
Quote by umbrellacorp
tom morello that bitch

^ Talking about how high to play your guitar.
Quote by jeowy
epiphones arn't built to strict standards. Every manufacturing plant has their own little nuances that come out in certain lines. When you see pics on the epiphone website, etc, and they all look perfectly constructed, thats because they're pics of the very best high-quality american models...

interesting, i didn't know any epiphones were made in the States
Only Epiphone Elitist guitars have a two screw truss rod cover
but yea that looks like a sloppy fake, are those real grovers though?
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
Isn't the Epiphone Custom sticker is up-side-down?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
Isn't the Epiphone Custom sticker is up-side-down?

if your a lefty
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
looks ok to me, i have the same model by the looks of it, only thing i did notice is mines has wider white binding round the headstock but its probably just the picture not showing the colours right because the colour of the epiphone and the dimond is a silver colour on mines, i also have a few stickers just below the tuners on the back but someone probably took them off that one, and epiphone les paul custom guitars have 3 screws in the trust rod cover not 2 so its ok there aswell

on having a 2nd look i agree with the guy about the E being to close the the tuner, but could this be because they are just stickers and someone has put it on a bit low?

Last edited by scottish nutter at Apr 13, 2008,
Quote by The red Strat.
fake.

I agree with the first part. But on most Epiphones, they use 3 screws. (At least the ones I've seen)

---

And I agree with the people that said why people would make false epiphones. I'd still get this guitar though if it sounded good to me.
Page 1 of 2