ive been playing for about two years now

every time i play for sumone whos been playing for about 4-6 years, they always go " WOAH! your wayyyy better than me!"

its pretty cool that people say that but...

i am starting to lose interest in the only true talent that i have (guitar)
this is happening because im am getting bored with the things that i have now

i find my self playing the same songs over and over again
the techniques im using are getting to be tooo easy
and i really wana learn new things but i have no idea what...

soo-being the metal/hardcore guitarist i am-
what should i learn how to do at this point?
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez limited edition RG electric guitar
-Digitech RP250 multi effects
-Digitech DF-7Distortion Factory
-Marshall MG100 half stack
umm...try your hand at some classical(if thats not what u already play)
some Paganini caprices can be really challenging
Also, try Serrena by Jason Becker
Learn some advanced theory.

just my 2 cents
Set up:-
Kustom Sound 40W Guitar Amp
Marshall MG15 CD
Zoom 707 II (surprisingly good..)
VOX Tonelab ST
Jackson DK2M (Seymour duncan TB4 and the SD jazz)
at might be the fact that your gear is kinda weak, if you have a nice sound your more likely to want to play
can you sweep, multi finger tap, and do complicated legato patterns? can you write your own stuff? do you know theory?
There is so much you can to with a guitar. First, I would learn theory. Then start working on some more advanced techniques, then maybe try some more advanced songs (stuff from Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment, Freak Kitchen, etc.) and then I would try to write some of your own music.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
New gear, and try some different genres. Look into classical pieces covered in rock ways (passage to the reaper), maybe a few Yngwie songs, but not to many, since most of them sound the same, try and do somet Freak Kitchen/Mattias Eklundh solo stuff, very different.
Just try new genres and stuff. If I were only to play metal and hardcore, I'd get bored too at some point.

Oh yeah, and theory and writing your own stuff.

+1 to Freak Kitchen^
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
i have been playin for 1 year now and im better that ppl been plating for 3 just because my theory is better than some ppl an d i can pull miunt pinc harmonixs any time want so try it!!

pinch harmonic

looks it up on you tube!!! it helped me!!
Quote by addvie
i have been playin for 1 year now and im better that ppl been plating for 3 just because my theory is better than some ppl an d i can pull miunt pinc harmonixs any time want so try it!!

pinch harmonic

looks it up on you tube!!! it helped me!!

I'm pretty sure after 2 years of playing metal, that he knows about pinch harmonics.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Learn to play with heart and you'll be the most successfull metal guitarist ever.
I shouldn't say "learn" to play with heart, but i think you get the idea
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
i am learning sum theory so i have that covered

and hahaha.... the pinch harmonic thing, ive know how to do pinch harmonics since 5 months of playing...

your hilarious addvie!

also, im very into different genres, i love listening and playing other styles, but it is nice to see what other guitarists prefer...

so thanx
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez limited edition RG electric guitar
-Digitech RP250 multi effects
-Digitech DF-7Distortion Factory
-Marshall MG100 half stack