My guitar has a very glossy finish. In fact it actually hiders me when im playing. I always slide a fret to far because i have to force it to that fret because of my **** finish. (hope that wasn't to complicated)

Thats the guitar i have (Its actually very glossy but you cant tell form the pic)
I'm not really sure what to do to reduse this friction.

any ideas?

you could sand the back of the neck down to the wood, but that would screw up your finish.

alternatively, maybe wear some of those fingerless gloves.
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
You could sand all the gloss of but there would be a big chance that the paint would come off too. Then repaint it and put only one or two layers of gloss on to make it very little glossy.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Well probably the best thing for that would be to buy some GHS fast fret or something along those lines and rub it on the back of the neck. That should help it or failing that rub it on your hands aswell.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
Take some steelwool to the back of the neck. Tape off the pickups first, so fragments don't stick to them.
another option: loads of chalk on your palm before you play, like the gymnasts. dries up the sweat and should glide over smoother.
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep
you could sand the back of the neck down to the wood, but that would screw up your finish.

alternatively, maybe wear some of those fingerless gloves.

Haha thats what i was thinking

Quote by musicmanstinger
Well probably the best thing for that would be to buy some GHS fast fret or something along those lines and rub it on the back of the neck. That should help it or failing that rub it on your hands aswell.

How much is this fast fret stuff? And how much do you get? Because i dont wnat to spend like 100 dollers and only be able to use it like... twice...

Quote by Baarmy_Sheep
another option: loads of chalk on your palm before you play, like the gymnasts. dries up the sweat and should glide over smoother.

Thats not a bad idea i just dont want chalk all over my guitar...
Quote by mr_hankey
Take some steelwool to the back of the neck. Tape off the pickups first, so fragments don't stick to them.

+1 to that. You can also use fine sandpaper, 400 grit or more. The idea is to remove some of the gloss, not strip the finish. Roughen up the lacquer in other words, to make it satin, which will be much easier to play. I do that to all of my new guitars, unless it already comes in a satin finish.
Quote by Joel Rainville
+1 to that. You can also use fine sandpaper, 400 grit or more. The idea is to remove some of the gloss, not strip the finish. Roughen up the lacquer in other words, to make it satin, which will be much easier to play. I do that to all of my new guitars, unless it already comes in a satin finish.

Hmmm... Tomorow il see if i can get my hands on some fine grit sandpaper...
the finer the sandpaper the better.

also, don't sand very much, just enough to give it that satin feel. you just want to change the texture, not remove finish.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!