I had a band meeting last night and after four or five hours of playing, my vocals are kind of shot right now because of the combination of screaming (not scream-o stuff, just getting into it in general) and my damned allergies.

I was just wondering how I could heal up my voice as fast as possible. Any tips?

Thanks
Quote by Unofficial
You're right, **** being 15, you guys are all jerks.

Why would you try and state a "defense?" There's no defense for being a plain old ass.

My Roflcopter pwns your Roflcopter

Firm supporter in having a first ever drum forum
You could try cough syrup, works for me lol.
Its best to drink lots of water whilst singing to stop your throat getting dry and therefore stop it getting sore.
My Gear:
Left-Handed Bc Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spider II Combo 120
Boss Me-80 effects pedal
FBV Express Footswitch
Venom Cables
Fender Picks
Ok, thanks. I've been drinking waters but I haven't used any Ricolas or anything like that...

I have another band meeting today, but I think we need to focus on the instruments more anyway... I'll just chill and focus more on my guitar I guess. Would trying to sing like this kill my voice for the performance we have Tuesday?
Quote by Unofficial

Why would you try and state a "defense?" There's no defense for being a plain old ass.

If your throught is itchy, then drink some honey.
The good times are killing me.

Quote by UG TinyChat
meelad: I know this guy "entity0009" and "mike50227"
meelad: They're the best people there

Above Divine
Quote by kjhelms
Ok, thanks. I've been drinking waters but I haven't used any Ricolas or anything like that...

I have another band meeting today, but I think we need to focus on the instruments more anyway... I'll just chill and focus more on my guitar I guess. Would trying to sing like this kill my voice for the performance we have Tuesday?

Out of curiosity, how are you singing? Are you using your diaphragm to project? It sounds like you aren't.
Quote by kjhelms

YES!!! try just not saying much of anything for a day or two and drink lots of water. along with the ricola's and such it should be better in no time.
Quote by kjhelms

don't rest your voice
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Out of curiosity, how are you singing? Are you using your diaphragm to project? It sounds like you aren't.

I agree with this. You shouldn't be singing let alone screaming if you aren't using your diaphragm.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by kjhelms

I would say do some scales (With your voice obviously)

Drink honey/lemon/hot water. Thats stuff is great.

I would say dont sing if it hurts but defanitly do scales/excersizes. which you can get some good ones in the only singing thread
Quote by SupremeACL
I agree with this. You shouldn't be singing let alone screaming if you aren't using your diaphragm.

yes. and to the guy that said don't rest your voice...you're an idiot. thats the best thing to help it recuperate.
Well I do sing except for one part when I have to yell. Everything comes up clean just one part I have to do... I use my diaphragm the entire time except for that one part

We were practicing one song and it's just having to do that part repeatedly is what did this.

I forgot to mention we're doing a song for a talent show, so for right now it's just one song over and over
Quote by Unofficial

drink warm water. cold water isn't gonna help anything. you gotta keep your vocal chords warmed up. do some exercises before you scream/sing. look up "The Zen Of Screaming" my band uses that and it helped us a lot.
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
rest your voice till it heals. Because if you try screaming again when your throught still hurts, you might lose your voice all together.
try some hot tea with honey, it works for me. and get some Halls
Quote by kjhelms
Well I do sing except for one part when I have to yell. Everything comes up clean just one part I have to do... I use my diaphragm the entire time except for that one part

We were practicing one song and it's just having to do that part repeatedly is what did this.

I forgot to mention we're doing a song for a talent show, so for right now it's just one song over and over

Screaming without using your diaphragm absolutely rapes your voice. I guess it'd be okay if you don't do it up until the gig you've got, but after that you're going to want to learn to scream the right way.
Rest your voice, drink water, avoid dairy and caffine. I strain my voice every now and then in practice and it usually heals up withing a day or two. Also, once you're comfortable with your yelling/screaming abilities, stop screaming in practice and only do it live. Much less strain that way.
ok dude, it actually helps to drink room temperature water more than cold, and dont eat chocolate or milk based products, this is 100% realiable so plz follow
talk as little as possible, and i read somewhere that when you read in your head, your throat actually shapes the word, i think its true, so dont read any long books etc
There is no quick cure...The best way is to shut the hell up.

Its true, dont make noise AT ALL for 24 hours and drink water