IS the Roland Micro Cube any good?

Because i need an AMp while i'm in my summer session, and i think i want a small and light one. like the Roland micro cube.

I was just wondering if there was any other amp of its size and weight that is better,

And an out of topic question, Is The Epiphone LP custom, the best epiphone there is?
Not saying that i want one, but i see a lot of people with it.
I hear better things about the Orange Crush Cube.
On the eight day we spoke back...

let there be sound.
The Vox DA5's decent, as well, but personally I'd go with the cube.

As for your second question, the "best" Epiphones are the Elitists.
micro cubes are good they have good models on them also try looking at something like a vox da5>
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
the microcube is pretty good. its got a pretty good range of effects, and amp emulations. its really good for just practicing and stuff, and it is really light. and built like a tank... one time i threw mine, and it was still good. the power button cap fell off though, and sadly i lost it but i can still poke the button with a pencil.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
I own a microcube so let me tell u some things about it after using one for over a year now.
-great practice amps
-the sound effects built in means u dont need to immediately buy any pedals so u can attempt to play your favorite song and sound pretty close with having most of the commonly used pedal effects built in.
-Good volume for their size
-I think the price is also very fair.

-However, the heavy distortion effect ("R-fier" or whatever they call it) sounds kinda weak and the distortion lacks "drive". So if ur playing a lot of metal u may either wanna buy a boss metal zone pedal or consider a different amp. But, Id still recommend it unless thats like all ur going to play.

All the other effects sound pretty good to me though.
I have a microcube and I love it.

I actually just played a gig with it the other day. My big amp had an accident , so I ended up running the micro cube through the PA and it worked great.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
no, i'm only going to using this in my dorm room during my summer session.

Is there a lot of buzz when the cube is turn up?
There is some buzz, but not as much as other amps. Just roll back the vol on your guitar and turn off any CRT TV's or monitors nearby and you won't have a problem with it.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
cool,

How does it compare to a ~25W amp, from fender, marshall, vox , or even roland?
i use a microcube at my guitar lessons.
its a great amp in my opinion, the distortion could be better, but thats probly because i go home and play a 5150, but unless you're playing death metal, the distortion should be fine.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
I worked out a ****in cool setting for this, its like some kind of heavy fuzz.

Set the amp model to: Mic.
Max out the gain.
Tone is about 1,5 Hour (in other words its 13.30)
No FX, no delay, no reverb.
Volume should be higher than 25%

I've been always playing on that setting, i have a cheap Squier ( ). It sounds the best with neck/middle PU setting, tone/vol maxed out.

But its a Cube with lot of settings so go and tweak.
Last edited by Daneeka at Apr 13, 2008,
/\ Turn the tone to 3:00 and its a perfect sound for playing Icky Thump by the White Stripes
Quote by Spoony_Bard

MY BUILD!
thanks for telling me the great settings of the Cube, but i don't have one yet.

my guitar teacher said the distortion dosen't sound bad next to a stack so i imagine good
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
my guitar teacher said the distortion dosen't sound bad next to a stack so i imagine good

..what? If he's referring to an MG stack, then yes. It probably sounds better. If he's referring to a Thunderverb... then he's full of recycled fecal matter.
Quote by chriskhng
thanks for telling me the great settings of the Cube, but i don't have one yet.

in that price range? no.
you cant get a better practice amp than the MicroCube in that price range.
it you want loud then get the Roland Cube 30, or 60. Try to avoid anything below that besides the MicroCube like the 15, and 20
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by Nason
I own a microcube so let me tell u some things about it after using one for over a year now.
-great practice amps
-the sound effects built in means u dont need to immediately buy any pedals so u can attempt to play your favorite song and sound pretty close with having most of the commonly used pedal effects built in.
-Good volume for their size
-I think the price is also very fair.

-However, the heavy distortion effect ("R-fier" or whatever they call it) sounds kinda weak and the distortion lacks "drive". So if ur playing a lot of metal u may either wanna buy a boss metal zone pedal or consider a different amp. But, Id still recommend it unless thats like all ur going to play.

All the other effects sound pretty good to me though.

right except for the metal part. I have one, and if you turn the gain up, you get plenty. At max it gets muddy a smal bit, but it works fine. I love it, not the best, but I it
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
i use a cube, and it's awesome
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
ive dropped mine down a flight of stairs and it still playes fine. they're little tanks
The cubes great.

And the Epi Les Paul custom thing, eh. I find them to be good. The best Epi's have to be the elitist series, and the prophecy series though.
I have only two things that I don't like about the Cube:

- I accidentally tore the little hole in the end of the strap that goes on the strap button. So now my strap can come off quite easily on one end. This was caused my me because the Cube got sorta turned upside down in the strap which caused it to tear.

- I also dislike the single Tone nob. I would have preferred dedicated high mid & low, but due to the Cube's small size that isn't possible. ):

The volume is quite good for practicing. Obviously it can't compete with drums but it does quite well with another guitarist, as long as they don't crank their amp.
The Microcube is great.

I don't know why people complain about it's "metal" tones - you can't get good metal tones from any small amp. For a good metal tone you need volume and low end, and that means larger amps and full-size speakers....the Microcube has no right to sound as good as it does for it's size, people need to stop whining so much.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
No.

I really don't care about the price.

I just want to know, whether this is better than a 25W fender frontman, Mg, or a roland 20W, or a AD30 VOX
Quote by Jono3425
ive dropped mine down a flight of stairs and it still playes fine. they're little tanks

do they shoot aswell?
Quote by chriskhng
No.

I really don't care about the price.

I just want to know, whether this is better than a 25W fender frontman, Mg, or a roland 20W, or a AD30 VOX

The Frontman and MG are wank, it's better than the Cube 20 IMO, it's not better than the Vox.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I bought one so I could plug in my acoustic. Surprisingly really good for the price. The reverb & chorus are my fav effects on it.

Can't get too loud though and the feedback %!@# pisses me off, but like I said I'm using an acoustic with it.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
I have the Microcube too and is an awesome "PRACTICE" amp.
The only pedal i use is a Bad Monkey to tighten the classic stack model for a 80's metal tone. Everything else, the microcube has it.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS