2251 - 2300
4 1%
2300+
27 5%
Never
51 10%
Voters: 492.
Page 1 of 5
How long until we make a mistake so big that it's irreversible. I'm talking scientifically, not anything with war or shit like that. Like, we fuck up like creating robots that kill us... or make a mini black hole that eats us all... or Jurassic Park style.

Wait for poll
Uh...global warming? Wait for about 20 or so years, and the weather nowadays would seem like paradise.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
May this year.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
The day after tomorrow - someone's gonna drop an AIDS bomb.

Spread it for the lulz.
/stolen joke
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Too late.

Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
ppl still believe the global warming bull**** huh?

never mind that global temps were on average a degree higher in medievel times than now, when no fuel was being burnt
Quote by ukuleleftw
When is beating your cat not justified?

Quote by Gaz_m2k5
This is almost as stupid as when someone thought there might be a UG warehouse where all the tabs are stored.

July 8th, 2007 @ Wembley - Best day ever
1451 hours, 12 seconds, 23rd October 2047

wanna bet?
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Uh...global warming? Wait for about 20 or so years, and the weather nowadays would seem like paradise.

Quote by Ichimaru
Too late.

Well done Pit.
Quote by broady15
ppl still believe the global warming bull**** huh?

never mind that global temps were on average a degree higher in medievel times than now, when no fuel was being burnt

Are you joking?
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Serious Response:

(Anyone who has read Angels and Demons, at least near the beginning, might know what I'm talking about) Well at CERN, they are creating this thing called The Grid, its a new internet, which is about 10,000, yeah, 10,000 times faster than broadband....so...thats a lot.

Well this operates using the worlds largest particle accelerator, and some people think that this could create black holes...and...F*** us all up. This might be used for the first time this upcoming summer (if I'm correct?)
OK gentlemen, I think we have determined that death can strike us any second now.

Everyone start singing
Quote by WillPlayForFood
Jurassic park was a good movie.....this thread isn't....

This thread isn't a movie at all
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Are you joking?

Global warming is a natural part of things anyway, so it can be that much of a threat. In fact I'd love for the world to heat up, England would be sunny for once.

But I reckon our biggest mistake will something along the lines of echnology and nuclear war...
Quote by Green RATM Day
Serious Response:

(Anyone who has read Angels and Demons, at least near the beginning, might know what I'm talking about) Well at CERN, they are creating this thing called The Grid, its a new internet, which is about 10,000, yeah, 10,000 times faster than broadband....so...thats a lot.

Well this operates using the worlds largest particle accelerator, and some people think that this could create black holes...and...F*** us all up. This might be used for the first time this upcoming summer (if I'm correct?)

Atleast we'll all have quick, quiet, peaceful death. Or we'll be slowly and harshly dragged into another dimension.
Scientists are working on creating nanobots with AI and blackholes - Seriously, you'll ****ing kill us all eventually. Watch some movies sometime. AI Nanobots and blackholes = Bad ideas.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by Green RATM Day
Serious Response:

They would be very small black holes, if anything, so the earth wouldn't be sucked into it

that was a very good book though. Beat the **** out of the Davinci Code
Quote by Whiskky
Atleast we'll all have quick, quiet, peaceful death. Or we'll be slowly and harshly dragged into another dimension.

Dude, that would be so prog-metal

*goes to fiddle with particle reactor*
Oh yeah, global warming is natural. It's happened many times throughout the earth's history. When it happens though, many species die out etc. It's also happening at a...not sure how to say this. Greater rate. But yeah, it's happened before.

In the long run England would freeze over.

Anyway to agree with Hazzmatazz, nuclear war is becoming a very big problem.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by hazzmatazz
Global warming is a natural part of things anyway, so it can be that much of a threat. In fact I'd love for the world to heat up, England would be sunny for once.

But I reckon our biggest mistake will something along the lines of echnology and nuclear war...

I'm not sure, but I think the lack of balance in the creation/destruction of ozone in the ozone layer isn't all that natural, or is it?
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
Scientists are working on creating nanobots with AI and blackholes - Seriously, you'll ****ing kill us all eventually. Watch some movies sometime. AI Nanobots and blackholes = Bad ideas.

Ok, South Park Movie - I choose you.

ZOMG Satans takin over the wurld!!11!!
depends on your opinion, who knows what's in store global warming and republican presidents are my biggest worries
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by Hastee
OK gentlemen, I think we have determined that death can strike us any second now.

Everyone start singing

Never gonna give never gonna give you up.
Could someone tell me how accelerating particles can create a gravity well that *sucks* things in, when we're accelerating them (Particles) and making them *push* things?
How can you rule out war? That's probably our likely cause of demise, a nuclear "accident". It's bound to happen with the idiots we've had in office recently. I give us a little over 50 years before we really **** up something (Global Warming).
Quote by Whiskky
You think that, too? Awesome! I finally have a guinea pig.

Just you wait, I'll come back and have psychic powers and stuff
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
Could someone tell me how accelerating particles can create a gravity well that *sucks* things in, when we're accelerating them (Particles) and making them *push* things?

Well I'm not sure but I think that they are accelerating the particles at enormous speeds, causing them to collide and explode, somehow I think that causes it to possibly make a black hole.

They are trying to (or have already?) use the accelerator to recreate the big bang, which was supposed to be caused by the particles.

I'm not sure, but I think what I'm saying is true.

But hell, I'm not complaining, I want internet 10,000 times faster than what I have now!
a black hole only happens if a huge entity implodes upon itself making it incredibly dense. wouldn't happen with particles. we could **** hings up with it no doubt, but it wouldnt make a black hole.
Quote by horloko
Yeah I've been told that. I foretell the future in my doodling. I kept drawing me raping my Spanish teacher. Stupid teacher got scared and told on me. I raped her for that.

Quote by caskettheclown
i have a huge schlong.

there you go.

i win
Quote by Green RATM Day
Well I'm not sure but I think that they are accelerating the particles at enormous speeds, causing them to collide and explode, somehow I think that causes it to possibly make a black hole.

They are trying to (or have already?) use the accelerator to recreate the big bang, which was supposed to be caused by the particles.

I'm not sure, but I think what I'm saying is true.

But hell, I'm not complaining, I want internet 10,000 times faster than what I have now!

Wait wait! Hold on...

It'll probably be around the 50 year mark when things start going really bad, seeing as how our population will have doubled by then. We'll have TWICE as many idiots on the planet to **** things up!
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED

If something, regardless of what it is, reaches a state of singularity, it becomes a black hole.

A singularity is an object with an infinity density in it's mass.

Say you collide two particles, and they might smash into eachother so hard they reach singularity.

In theory that would create a black hole
Quote by Våd Hamster
If something, regardless of what it is, reaches a state of singularity, it becomes a black hole.

A singularity is an object with an infinity density in it's mass.

Say you collide two particles, and they might smash into eachother so hard they reach singularity.

In theory that would create a black hole

particles hitting each other so hard with that kinda force is called nuclear fusion. energy is released and it wouldnt cause a black hole.
Quote by horloko
Yeah I've been told that. I foretell the future in my doodling. I kept drawing me raping my Spanish teacher. Stupid teacher got scared and told on me. I raped her for that.

Quote by caskettheclown
i have a huge schlong.

there you go.

i win
Page 1 of 5