So I'm selling my Razorback, and I post a detailed ad for it in the facebook marketplace. I get a response about a week later (this morning) but it seems a little fishy. The girl isn't a part of any networks, has no profile picture, and wants me to respond via email only and speaks a little..odd. Is cashiers check or Money Order something I should be worried about? I've got 30+ feedback on Ebay but have only payed through Paypal. Also, why is she not just saying 'purchasing your guitar or razorback'? Why does she just copy and paste the ad title? Here is the message (with the email edited out).
What do you guys think? Scam? Keep in mind I live in Atlanta GA, she claims to live in Toronto, Canada.

RESPONSE TO THIS MESSAGE SHOULD BE SENT TO (********@yahoo.com)
Hello I'm **** ******, I hail from Canada in toronto city, I came across your advert and am highly interested in Purchasing your ($650 - Selling Dean Razorback guitar! w/ extras! WOW!!) which you offer for sale.I Due to the fact that its been a long time have been searching for it, Please Kindly get back to me as soon as possible with the necessary answers to the question in mind, Are you the first owner? The present condition? Your final asking price?And I will also like you to send me Pictures to enable me view what I intend to purchase and i will like you to know that my form of payment is through a Certified Check or a USPS Money Order .. I await your urgent response so that we can proceed further.

I await your urgent response.

Thanks!
Lizy.B
That's... odd.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
I wouldn't do that...xd
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
dont sell it to em
Fallen Into the Abyss of indignity, Doubt Does Not exist Or Dome Into Being Ignominious and Pale
well, you could go along with it. As long as you dont ship it until you receive the money, you should be alright. but yea, it looks fishy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
sounds like a scam to me... go with ebay
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
Don't trust facebook
Ibanez RG350DX - ESP LTD EC-500

Peavey JSX 212 Combo - Digitech RP 250
How this isnt a scam:

She could be French, english being a second language

How this is a scam:

There are no women on the internets.
Quote by first_aid
How this isnt a scam:

She could be French, english being a second language

How this is a scam:

There are no women on the internets.

Don't send the goods until you receive payment.
I won't send anything without receiving payment and having it cleared first..but this just seems really suspicious.

And I just shined and took 15 pictures of it for her. If "she's" really a Nigerian scammer I'll send her a case o' anthrax
I got he same thing trying to sell my car on Craig's List TS. Here it is:

Hello ,
I'm Mr. David ******, Am a British Citizen, but live in Canada ; I came across your advert on www.Craigslist.com and am highly interested in Purchasing the {2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue } which you offer for sale. Due to the fact that it's been a long time have been searching for it, Please I want you kindly get back to me as soon as possible with the necessary answers to the question below:

1. Are you the first owner?
2. The present condition?
3. How long has it been yours?
4. Who did you buy it from?
5. And your final asking price?
6. And why have you decide to sell it?

And I will also like you to send me Pictures to enable me view what I Intend to purchase and I will like you to know that my form of payment is through a USPS Money Order..
I await your urgent response so that we can proceed further..
Note: Please I want you to get back to me with your final asking price..
Most Sincerely,
David ******.

They are definitely fakes.

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now youve sewn them shut
Quote by KingDev
Why does she just copy and paste the ad title?

because the SCAM BOT is programmed to.
Quote by KingDev
So I'm selling my Razorback, and I post a detailed ad for it in the facebook marketplace. I get a response about a week later (this morning) but it seems a little fishy. The girl isn't a part of any networks, has no profile picture, and wants me to respond via email only and speaks a little..odd. Is cashiers check or Money Order something I should be worried about? I've got 30+ feedback on Ebay but have only payed through Paypal. Also, why is she not just saying 'purchasing your guitar or razorback'? Why does she just copy and paste the ad title? Here is the message (with the email edited out).
What do you guys think? Scam? Keep in mind I live in Atlanta GA, she claims to live in Toronto, Canada.

Hello I'm **** ******, I hail from Canada in toronto city, I came across your advert and am highly interested in Purchasing your ($650 - Selling Dean Razorback guitar! w/ extras! WOW!!) which you offer for sale.I Due to the fact that its been a long time have been searching for it, Please Kindly get back to me as soon as possible with the necessary answers to the question in mind, Are you the first owner? The present condition? Your final asking price?And I will also like you to send me Pictures to enable me view what I intend to purchase and i will like you to know that my form of payment is through a Certified Check or a USPS Money Order .. I await your urgent response so that we can proceed further.

I await your urgent response.

Thanks!
Lizy.B

They are scamming you. I garuntee once you email her back she will want you to go through a third party.

DO NOT DO IT.

Only take paypal.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
Quote by Leper Messiah
I got he same thing trying to sell my car on Craig's List TS. Here it is:

Hello ,
I'm Mr. David ******, Am a British Citizen, but live in Canada ; I came across your advert on www.Craigslist.com and am highly interested in Purchasing the {2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue } which you offer for sale. Due to the fact that it's been a long time have been searching for it, Please I want you kindly get back to me as soon as possible with the necessary answers to the question below:

1. Are you the first owner?
2. The present condition?
3. How long has it been yours?
4. Who did you buy it from?
5. And your final asking price?
6. And why have you decide to sell it?

And I will also like you to send me Pictures to enable me view what I Intend to purchase and I will like you to know that my form of payment is through a USPS Money Order..
I await your urgent response so that we can proceed further..
Note: Please I want you to get back to me with your final asking price..
Most Sincerely,
David ******.

They are definitely fakes.
I think that this final and definitive proof that this is a scam.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy

There ya go.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Hahah, total scam dude, it's all automated, you aren't even talking to a person.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by oneblackened

There ya go.

omg, MUST BE A SCAM!

I'll ignore the bot, thanks guys.